forum

COOKIEZI BANNED AGAIN?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mismagius
why/how has a zalgo derail turned into government caring about population in less than a page
Foxtrot

Blue Dragon wrote:

why/how has a zalgo derail turned into government caring about population in less than a page
because some dude didn't know what they were talking about

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

naturally, but this trying to use one case of terrorism to take something away from literally everyone trend just keeps happening, at least it didnt go anywhere this time. Sometimes corporations having monolithic power that rivals governments plays out for the better, it breaks things up and makes it harder to lock everything down.
yeah, sometimes it really can. it's not the first time the government tried to compromise our privacy for terrorism, either (never forget PATRIOT act, obama can suck a dick for keeping it alive)
-Makishima S-
From a linux user perspective as i had in my life chance to test OS X - this system is a "wanna be bsd copy" but apple failed even in this one.
Dockbar which was developed by NeXTSTeP (and whole OS X got created when apple bought this) was from start considered in linux community as horribly bad GUI based on... check check Mach Microkernel.

You can’t sort it into folders, you’re stuck with an incomplete list of the software on the machine. There’s no clear way to get access to the file system, system settings is also not obvious. If one were to actually have a large amount of software installed the dockbar would become completely unmanageable as the icons would just keep getting smaller and smaller. It’s basically the least user friendly GUI design element you could possibly have, after all is not the point of an application menu (and by attribution the dock bar) to get to software quickly and easily?

So the GUI is about the worst there can possibly be even worse than XP (That finally got cleaned up with the Vista and 7 start menus) and yet it still somehow manages to be called “User Friendly” which it most certainly is not for the reasons stated above. In terms of actual use Gnome 2.x/3.x and KDE, especially now Plasma 5 which in a lot of things just reminds of Windows 10 GUI but being way more configurable and a lot faster are among the most User Friendly.

I could comment like this forever, why OS X used in workstation is just... plain bad and i will find way more user friendly things from it.

Getting into phones - who the fuck makes a phone with integrated battery. Just please. Siri is just incompetent in many ways of finding things, not mention being annoying as fuck at some points. It's just based of that Siri database is way smaller than for example Google once and that's a primary reason if you - as someone who like to "look futuristic" and use voice search engine should go for android.

Overall - buy an apple = dont cry that something dont work, zero respect for apple.

Zalgo is simple Unicode manipulation which android never had problem but.......... yea! Apple needs to make their own bullshit which HAVE PROBLEM with this. Just kappa @ apple.
Vuelo Eluko

Blue Dragon wrote:

as bad as things are getting in this subforum the theme of staying off-topic remains the one uncracked moral pillar that holds this broken culture up. It can be seen in just about every thread. I believe it's a valuable trait, every regular here is so accustomed to shitposts, that regardless of the caliber and damage of them, bouncing back from them and continuing a thread is no difficult task, whereas in other subforums a page like that last one might lead to a few reactions to it then the thread sinks endlessly downwards or gets locked because people dont know what to do at that point, they are inexperienced and uninvested.
-Makishima S-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

as bad as things are getting in this subforum the theme of staying off-topic remains the one uncracked moral pillar that holds this broken culture up. It can be seen in just about every thread. I believe it's a valuable trait, every regular here is so accustomed to shitposts, that regardless of the caliber and damage of them, bouncing back from them and continuing a thread is no difficult task, whereas in other subforums a page like that last one might lead to a few reactions to it then the thread sinks endlessly downwards or gets locked because people dont know what to do at that point, they are inexperienced and uninvested.
Derailing in offtopic is normal, get this stright, here is a place for all shit except nudity and this kind of things.
I am supprised that "offtopic type quality" content gets moderated, like why mods waste energy to moderate this place xD
Even me as someone who spend time in forum mainly to help people in some cases and be productive needs a place to shitpost and throw away "frustration energy" to get calmer to play a game - moved to offtopic with all spam and shitposting xD
Vuelo Eluko
yes but my point is its uncommon for a derailment to really go anywhere let alone actually kill a thread, thanks to that off-topic culture, threads just evolve and derailment becomes a part of their life cycle
Foxtrot

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

that was probably one of the nicest posts i have seen in a while

Blue Dragon wrote:

also you have to admit, it's a more interesting topic
-Makishima S-
Simply zalgo break apple -> hate apple -> derail topic about how apple is bad

You buy apple product -> you should feel bad about that 8-)

Apple = overpriced as motherfuck product for "cool kids" who want's to look "69% cooler than others" because "i have apple"...
... oh wait, you have an overpriced piece of computer with horribly bad OS while i can buy literally same configuration for 30% cheaper and have whatever kind of OS i want.
Vuelo Eluko
Apple has basically accepted that how they approached the pc market was wrong so they gave up. There's too much competition from OEM system suppliers like dell and the fact that everyone else that isn't a grandma or a school/business that needs hundreds of stations would rather just build their own to their exact specifications for personal use or work. So they've retreated to the mobile market where they have a much more solid foothold and know their target audience better.
-Makishima S-
target audience
Screaming kids who wants to look cool.

the fact that everyone else that isn't a grandma or a school/business that needs hundreds of stations would rather just build their own for personal use or work.
Let's say company needs a 100 workstations. What kind of deal is better:

100 x 1500$ for apple = 15000$
or
100 x 900$ for normal PC which will do literally same thing and have same hardware configuration = 9000$

Just please, buying apple is like throwing money for nothing.

Show me your apple shitter config and i will find you same PC config cheaper. You will buy normal PC and give me difference.
I could be a milionaire by this deal in no time.
Vuelo Eluko
Well, the most powerful mac pro you can buy right now is from 2011 iirc, so it's safe to say they're out of the market. Now people are just ripping them apart for the motherboards and reselling it on ebay to the growing market of people who bought a $75 xeon cpu that performs on par with a $400 i7 but requires a $400+ motherboard with missing/outdated features because they think it was a great deal and that the xeon e5-2670 is some sort of lifehack
Foxtrot

[Taiga] wrote:

Let's say company needs a 100 workstations. What kind of deal is better:

100 x 1500$ for apple = 15000$
or
100 x 900$ for normal PC which will do literally same thing and have same hardware configuration = 9000$

Just please, buying apple is like throwing money for nothing.

Show me your apple shitter config and i will find you same PC config cheaper. You will buy normal PC and give me difference.
I could be a milionaire by this deal in no time.
and this is why apple fags mock non-apple users. they all think they act like you.
-Makishima S-
and this is why apple fags mock non-apple users. they all think they act like you.
With this difference apple-users, doesn't matter if workstations or phones will have nothing to prove that apple do something better.
Each one experienced linux/android (and probably also windows/winM) users will prove them that they are wrong.
FuZ
this thread started well
Vuelo Eluko
remember when apple tried to get into the server market

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xserve

what a piece of shit lmao
-Makishima S-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

remember when apple tried to get into the server market

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xserve

what a piece of shit lmao
yeah, Xserve was a fail as fuck. 2 days ago i was randomly watching clips in YT about rack servers since i want to make my own home mini-server lab and i saw tech engineers strugling to run xserve, it was silly. In one moment i was like - "they will throw this shit away".

I ended up adding to wishlist Dell Poweredge 1U for like 100 pounds which is very cheap.

Add to this Dell PowerEdge 4220 42U Rack Cabinet and right now i saved tons of money to build my own lab.
Just gotta find 2 routers, hw firewall and switch - all from cisco, most likely used old piece of good hardware for some cheap money, maybe second rack server and i am done.

Now check simillar config for xserve and you will facepalm at price.
Rilene
i wonder how did april fool thread actually became a apple-related discussion
Yuudachi-kun
Green apples > Red
Cyclohexane
i'm personally not willing to deal with windows's shit and not enough into ricing to use linux so osx is just right for me. 

that said i have a w7 dual boot and a debian VM, i think this should be standard on any osx install just to cover everything you might want to do. since i don't particularly care about powerful hardware (other than buying an SSD) and more about useful software i will take it any day.

ahahahahandroid nice java btw
-Makishima S-
not enough into ricing to use linux
TFW linux is actually easier to use than os x....
Cyclohexane
-Makishima S-
Topic Starter
fat pear
when the fuck did this change from cookiezi's account status to linux vs osx
SomeGuy_old_1

[Taiga] wrote:

not enough into ricing to use linux
TFW linux is actually easier to use than os x....
That's so far from truth. First you have to choose a distro which for non tech savvy person is already impossible, not mentioning the whole partitioning thing, but let's say linux was installed in a new computer, (if you install it on old hardware instead good luck finding any less common drivers for it), the installed distro must be new user friendly or the guy using it is fucked, then you have to learn apt-get commands, learn how to add sources and how to use package manager, if you're using more advanced distro you must learn what architecture your system is else you'll fuck it up by installing wrong updates and etc. All you have to do with mac is buy it, power on and choose a few things from first startup, you're done.To be fair you have to learn how to use appstore too but it's much easier than most package managers imo. OS X might not be a very good OS but you're talking out of your ass when you say it's harder to use.
DeletedUser_7520443
srsly is you want to talk about linux, osx and shit cellphones start your own thread and not sidetrack another one to talk about it
-Makishima S-
First you have to choose a distro which for non tech savvy person is already impossible
https://distrowatch.com/ - not a problem to pick one of most popular, takes literally 1-2 min of googling to get idea which distro is newbie-user-friendly

not mentioning the whole partitioning thing
Say what? Yo, u r drunk, go home. Every GUI installer now provides automatical partitioning where you don't even touch your HDD configuration.

(if you install it on old hardware instead good luck finding any less common drivers for it)
Pure bullshit, linux is one of this OS which have way better support to old hardware than winshit or o'sit X.

the installed distro must be new user friendly or the guy using it is fucked
My father sat to my laptop one day where i have installed Arch and he didn't had any problems with using it.
Note: Arch require configuration - Mint for example comes pre-configured for complete newbie out of box.
Linux at current state is i could say - at some point way more user friendly than windows due way more deeper and easier to understand manuals and wiki.

then you have to learn apt-get commands
"newbie-friendly" distro comes with pre-installed GUI package manager with nicely categorized apps and good descriptions.
Command lines learning comes when you want to get more knowledge of "how-to-geek-linux".

if you're using more advanced distro you must learn what architecture your system is else you'll fuck it up by installing wrong updates and etc.
Did you knew that only by following Arch wiki you can easiely set up fully functioning system without having problems with this?
Arch is considered as one of more advanced once but it teaches proper ways of "how to".
If i could compare Ubuntu vs Arch.... Arch is more user-friendly.

All you have to do with mac is buy it, power on and choose a few things from first startup, you're done.To be fair you have to learn how to use appstore too but it's much easier than most package managers imo. OS X might not be a very good OS but you're talking out of your ass when you say it's harder to use.
You forgot about well known "Error 1004 please try again later", almost impossible rollback of distro to fix hardware dependences, it's not like you buy an app and you own it, your hardware own it so in case of having same software on more machines, you need to buy it multiple times, requires internet-wise recovery to reinstall OS, you cannot use WiFi password protection such as WPA/WEP if you want to use internet-wise recovery option, Finder is a big pain in the ass, and.... like over9000 more problematic things which linux just doesn't have or learned from o'shit X failures and fixed them right away when users reported... years ago.

Oh, don't forget - o'shit X is a "wanna be BSD", it's also Unix type system but a worse copy of something what is really good - BSD.

Your knowledge about actuall linux market, software and drivers is really low.
Cyclohexane
this is why i always tell people not to upgrade their OS unless it becomes a necessity

downgrading is an absolute pain in the ass regardless
luckily OSX doesn't practically force you to update unlike its main counterpart
-Makishima S-
Main advantage of Linux over o'Shit X in most distros is that when you upgrade kernel, it's only to allow your OS to use newest drivers, fix performance issues and add new features. It doesn't break old drivers, most of the time it just adds new once while leaving old once working.

One of freelancer jobs some time ago was upgrading network in small shop, they used really old workstations and vintage printers. I managed to make a DOS apps working perfectly on Debian and this vintage printer:

runned instantly without much problems.

I really want to see o'shit X kicking this kind of hardware instantly after putting into port and adding into hardware managment (if ever it supports it hah).

No, honestly, no, i hate apple for my life and i will NEVER EVER change my mind, even when i will be already in grave and in other world, even there i will laugh into face of apple things users for being stupid and buying overpriced shitty things where 50% cheaper machines and phones do same things just better and faster. I will never understand this mindset to pay 50% more money just for the logo.
Cyclohexane
you can always run a VM of an older system and use it from there, idk what you're trying to prove

as for my personal experience i often have to use my parents' printer which is from the early 2000s and it works no problem on mavericks

then again i don't really understand why you vouch for retro compatibility. it's a lot more productive in the long run to update your old hardware than to force new hardware to adapt to it.

or else cars engines would still be using reverse flow heads
IppE
Keep dreaming FOSS neckbeards

Year of the linux desktop: never
-Makishima S-
VM will never have a performance of normal PC.

It's not that i vouche for retro compatibility, it's just if you face a situation what require it - not many OS will stand this job, except from my experience - linux.

To be straight forward - i don't get why people ever buy things from apple, even as old guy so i was already using computer where "apple users" was like "oh look, he have apple whoa" and it was never interesting for me. It comes more from "more expensive = must me more prestige" which is mindset of typical rich kids what never gained a single cent on their own hands.

If you are a mac user, explain me pls:

Why you bought a computer which cost relatively more than same configuration of normal workstation but normal workstation will make everything what can do mac better and faster. Not mention performance.

By Xontic - graphical performance on same Intel Mobile HD graphic, Ubuntu 14.10 which is a mid tier performance distribution works about 30 up to 50% faster than OS X 10.10
By PostMark - Disk transfer data performance, Ubuntu 14.10 achieved over 100% more performance than OS X 10.10
By Himeno Benchmark (gcc compilation benchmark) - same as above, almost 100% faster code compilation than OS X
Like, i don't get it. You pay more money for something what is worse in almost everything than normal PC? Where is the logic here? You like to throw money away without calculating? Or it's that mac ultrabook case? Hey, if i search hard i can probably find cheaper ultrabook with same weight and configuration.

I don't get this, it's out of my mind where is logic in wasting money?!
FuZ
i hate this thread
Topic Starter
fat pear
ok seriously what the FUCK happened.
Cyclohexane
ergonomics

software

adequacy with my hobbies

not being broke enough that one month of salary won't cover the purchase
DeletedUser_7520443

microism wrote:

ok seriously what the FUCK happened.

[Taiga] wrote:

Because apple is a shit company who cannot even make proper unicode rendering code.

Fuck apple - that's what i say all the time and forever.
Especially after last "bad marketing" about denying from unlocking a terrorist phone.
Fuck apple - y6ou bought any of their product, now deal with shitty ass software!
Taiga decided to take over the thread
Topic Starter
fat pear
this thread is now about cookiezi

any hentai artists here?
-Makishima S-
Hue \m/

Nerds now rule this topic!
abraker
I wasn't paying attention. Are we installing Cookizi OS DTHR distro now?
Aomi
What the fuck happened to this this thread
-Makishima S-

Aomi wrote:

What the fuck happened to this this thread
Hue \m/

Nerds now rule this topic!
show more