forum

[duplicate] 1 Month Trial for osu!supporter features

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
BPChingu
I've made this :idea: to have a 1 month trial of osu!supporter features to make the new players to temporarily try the features of being an osu!supporter. I was inspired to make this request because of today's April Fools joke that Pippi broke into Peppy's bank account and spending it on partying and giving free supporter features for a day.

The Plan

1. All of the osu!supporter features are presented to all players who joined the trial except name changing.
2. Users who joined the trial will get a grey colored user name in the chat console indicating that they are joining the trial.
3. Players will get a notification in the game client 1 day/12 hours before the end of the trial period concerning the end of the trial period and they must buy a supporter tag to continue enjoying the features.

The Purpose
1.To try the osu!supporter features for a limited period of time.
2. To let the players feel their love for osu! and support the game that keeps the game alive and kicking.
3. More support means osu! lasts longer and when osu! lasts longer, more people will have the chance to play the game in the distant future.

I hope you liked my :idea: , please comment if you liked it or have suggestions or recommendations.
Seijiro
rather than 1 month I would say that once per year (as it happened today) is more than enough.
Also, a "trial" is just a limited time, not the entire product, so calling it so doesn't make sense imo.
These sort of things are handled by peppy himself I guess so don't make your hopes go too high up, because I can see it highly unlikely to be done.

PS: why should they have grey names in chat btw?
Topic Starter
BPChingu
Thank you for commenting, but the trial is for the osu!supporter features only, not the whole game. I don't really expect this thing would be implemented and it is only your own opinion so thank you for voicing your thoughts on this request.
Pawsu
Has been denied a year ago, pretty certain it will be denied again.
t/247571/start=0
There is this, though: t/147431/start=0
Bauxe
Pretty sure it's been requested and denied a few times. Either way, peppy already does these 1 day supporter things every year or so, good enough imo.
Rilene
one week should be enough
one month trial seems bit too much and no permanent feature plz
like userpages
deadbeat
let's just go off what smoogi posted shall we p/3413945
we might get more one day trials like today, but i wouldn't ask for them. the surprise factor of getting it makes it more enjoyable