forum

[duplicate] Skip Update

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
I don't even know whether I should post it here or in the Development forum but whatever.

So what I want to say is that osu! updater can really be a pain sometimes (well maybe only to me idk).

Currently I could not access to the program because I am stuck in the osu! updater dialog box. The osu! updater keeps on failing due to the poor internet connection and I know it is going to take a really long time to make the update successful. Of course updates are essential to ensure the best performance of the program, but sometimes it is rather tedious when it keeps on failing due to bad internet and there is no other ways to prevent this except changing the whole wireless internet system, which is impossible for a student to do so.

So my idea is that adding the "Skip Update" button in the osu! updater dialog box // only enable updater when access to the program so that I can still enjoy the program and let the updater run, although it might be still slow-paced but at least I can still access to the program. The idea is actually generated already in this thread https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/381838?hilit=updater but there is no action taken and the forum becomes an inactive one so hah it's happening to me now lo and I couldn't even do anything to enjoy the game.

Another idea I have found is to enable manual update download from browsers https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/131063?hilit=updater, in which the request is totally ignored.

No intentions to recreate the topic except focusing back on this issue again. Any thoughts and any actions are greatly appreciated.
Pawsu
Can you not just exit the updater? osu! should open despite needing an update or not.
Either way, you should have just bumped the original thread, this is now a duplicate.
Also, one request per topic.
[ Koutei Monev]
When that "update window" appears, just close it and osu will opne normally. Yes, it can be a pain, but just close that window and all good
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar

Pawsu wrote:

Can you not just exit the updater? osu! should open despite needing an update or not.

venomnk wrote:

When that "update window" appears, just close it and osu will opne normally. Yes, it can be a pain, but just close that window and all good
it didnt really work in my case since nothing else happened + the program didnt start too

Pawsu wrote:

Either way, you should have just bumped the original thread, this is now a duplicate.
yah i just thought it would be nicer to conclude up everything again and didnt know bumping is also useful. Should mark this forum as duplicate then.

Pawsu wrote:

Also, one request per topic.
in the first instance i didnt know suggestions are considered as multiple requests yah soz