forum

NOMA - Brain Power Long Version

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sotarks
tatoe
worst fl player
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-
JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
pw384
明明是我先来的,作图也好,摸图也好
Kencho
God Storyboard
Cherry Blossom
I rarely comment but.
Wth this storyboard, this is better than a lot of BMS videos. haha
Luel Roseline
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
CLSW
so I should progress CtB stuff lol
Wafu

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Combo colors must not blend in with the map's background/storyboard/video.
Unfortunately, the long white flashes decrease visibility of objects. These happen on 01:35:277 - 03:06:378 - 05:09:845 - . Using default skin, approach circles are too transparent to be noticed and slider borders blend a lot with the white background. For comparison, even in editor, the difference with and without the white background is this.
And you need to consider that this is in editor, gameplay has much bigger effect on this.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

No two uninherited or two inherited timing sections should be placed at the same point. An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed).
03:07:765 - and 01:35:277 - as far as I know those timing points must have the same settings as the inherited section. There are 2 points at the same time, but one doesn't have kiai, another does. I think this wasn't allowed. (different volume wasn't, so it's most likely the same issue)
Topic Starter
Skystar
I sadly failed to see how the combo colours are blending too much with the storyboard; just testplayed it with default skin and storyboard on, places in question are perfectly readable to me. Players who're able to play this map shouldn't have an issue here. They're pink/green/blue after all, not white.

As for the timing sections, they're for the speed changes as the RC suggests. Nothing in the RC says that you must have kiais on on both points so unless I misunderstood something I think this isn't directly DQable?
Wafu

Skystar wrote:

I sadly failed to see how the combo colours are blending too much with the storyboard; just testplayed it with default skin and storyboard on, places in question are perfectly readable to me. Players who're able to play this map shouldn't have an issue here. They're pink/green/blue after all, not white.

As for the timing sections, they're for the speed changes as the RC suggests. Nothing in the RC says that you must have kiais on on both points so unless I misunderstood something I think this isn't directly DQable?
"Players who're able to play this map shouldn't have an issue here. They're pink/green/blue after all, not white." - Actually, I failed with SB on just in the white part, that's how I noticed it and why I make a concern about it. And yes, I can pass this map. The point is not that they blend completely, but that they blend to such a level so the readability is decreased. Light blue can blend with white, and slider border is white, which also causes the slider to not be clearly visible on time.

The thing about timing sections, I know that maps (even some qualified by me) were DQed because of different volume levels in such situation, because RC only allows SV to be changed, so I don't really know if it's still a deal, pointing it out just in case.

Edit/Reaction to the post below: When it comes to brightness argument, then first of all, it's more like a problem of contrast. In fact, what you said is quite a self-contradiction. Changing contrast is a pretty tool to tell if something is blending. If ANY contrast causes a problem, it's because the colours are too similar and therefore it's a problem of the map, not monitor settings. In any way, correct contrast is when you can say that white (#ffffff) is really white, without grey shades and that's quite the point when this map causes the biggest issues. And even if I used 100% contrast, it's map's issue, because you allowed it to blend.
Topic Starter
Skystar
Not so blend to me. You might want to take a check at your monitor settings or maybe simply just decrease the brightness. :p
Rumia-
color is srs issue :/
sahuang

Rumia- wrote:

color is srs issue :/
Never use skin with cb colour so not an issue for me ;w;
grumd
HEHE DRAMA )))))))))
Topic Starter
Skystar

grumd wrote:

HEHE DRAMA )))))))))
literally same
Rumia-

Skystar wrote:

grumd wrote:

HEHE DRAMA )))))))))
literally same
Monstrata
Some things to note I guess:

The inconsistent red/green lines could actually have been dq-worthy since it's a Kiai section and not just volume/sampleset. Unlike volume/sampleset, I think Kiai actually does cause issues with the game somehow. You can see that inconsistency actually has some sort of impact with stuff like p/4290623; whereas with volume/samples, I haven't heard of anyone able to replicate any glitches due to inconsistencies. Then again, what issues inconsistent kiai causes, I don't really know, and maybe it's only applicable to kiai's that appear right when the map begins. It does technically violate the RC though, since red/greens can be inconsistent only when the green line is changing slider velocity; however everything else still needs to be consistent, just not SV (cuz red lines don't modify SV). However we know the reasoning for this rule isn't accurate since errors are not known to occur with inconsistent volume/samplesets.

Anyways, just some things to consider in the future. Good thing we have QAT's
ac8129464363
ranked
RLC

deetz wrote:

ranked
giv this man reddit gold kudohsu!
Lavender
.......................................................................................................................................................................
Greetings, your map has to be taken away from the Ranked section.

Reasons of Unrank

1. O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-
From now on, the mapset is going to be handled by memers. Should you have any inquires, feel free to sing Brain Power.

lol gratz for ranking
Last edited by Lavender on about a minute ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rucker
hoyl
congratz :)
ApaGoGa
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-
Hakurei Yoru

Lavender wrote:

.......................................................................................................................................................................
Greetings, your map has to be taken away from the Ranked section.

Reasons of Unrank

1. O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-
From now on, the mapset is going to be handled by memers. Should you have any inquires, feel free to sing Brain Power.

lol gratz for ranking
Last edited by Lavender on about a minute ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bulky
Finally
kamild_
Any chances someone is going to make a Brain Power beatmap that filthy casuals like me can play (like 4 stars)? :<
[Aldebaran]
Underforest
rhythm rookie/tempo trainee spam, ugh
ookami0421
神曲
ts8zs
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo!!
AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee
AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee!!
AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo
AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo!!·
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-oooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooo
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-oooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooo!!
AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee!
AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo!
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA!
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo!
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo!
rakuskoin
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA!
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo!O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA!
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo
EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA-Oooo!