forum

What mechanical keyboard shoud buy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Isomorfisme
I've been playing osu! "seriously" during about 8 months and now i reached the point i can't ignore high bpm or streams (not like i ingored at all, but you know...) so I thought apart from practicing having a better keyboard could be nice.

The keyboard I'm using to play osu! actually is "logitech wireless combo mk220", an usefull compact and simple keyboard, but not great at all... (less than 20€ with mouse and all wireless).

I would like to have a mechanical keyboard, so I got some information, like for playing osu! the bests switches are red or brown, and looked for some keyboards, like this one:
http://www.aussar.es/teclados/tesoro-ex ... l-red.html
But then more questions entered to my head: "is worth it considering it's kailh switches and not cherry?, should I pick the red one or the brown one?, should I waste more?...
I don't really care about any super Led programmed keyboard, I just want to click comfortably, and also I've never tried a mechanical keyboard, so all I know about switches is pure internet. I just know cherry is the best, and for playig osu! the best is red but others can work, the kailh one's I don't even know.

Is not a problem at all but I think it's nice to ask something like this here.
I would like to read your opinions or/and suggestions.
I prefer to not waste more than 100€ (a little bit more maybe)

matpkg
TMiracle
Well, if you play mostly osu and don't want to spend much, as well as want flexibility - just get osu! keypad. You can also buy separate switches and easily change them, so you can try out all different types and settle for what feels best.

I got osu pad with cherry reds myself and I love it.
-Makishima S-
CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Red switches
Topic Starter
Isomorfisme
The idea about buying osu pad happened to me also, but I though that for 40€ (more because of shipping) I could get an mechanical keyboard that I've never had one.

And CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Red switches looks great quality/price, probably more than the tesoro's one I posted because of the cherry's switches. I'm thinking about it but probably I will get this one.

Thank you so much C: (well I didn't buy the keyboard yet so you can still propose things xD)

PD: (best game community so far <3)
Infevo
LoliPantsu
you can go to goodwill and find a cheap keyboard for only $5!
AncuL

LoliPantsu wrote:

where the hell is goodwill? if it's a place in US i might spend more on going there (literally more)
Sebimon
The cheapest Mechanical keyboard with Cherry switches is probably the Cherry MX Board 3.0, which is what i have. I got it for 60€(~65$) with red switches, it's also available with Blue, Brown and Black switches. The keycaps are only half the height of normal keycaps, but they still have the same travel distance. Honestly the best keyboard if you don't need fancy LED's or macro keys.
Minhtam

LoliPantsu wrote:

Cheap keyboards often have 20ms latency or more. That will totally kill your acc.
I Give Up
It doesn't kill your acc coz you can offset.
Topic Starter
Isomorfisme
Two of my friends recommended me Ozone Strike Battle.
http://www.pccomponentes.com/ozone_stri ... y_red.html

It doesn't have numpad but they say it's worth because Ozone its better than CM (the other possibility was CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Red switches).

So now I'm not sure as I was xD.

I don't really need a numpad, it's always nice to have one but not necessary.

So I want to know your opinions again xDD (sorry and thanks <3)
Topic Starter
Isomorfisme
The third (and probably last) opcion, is this one, a little bit expensive:
http://www.pccomponentes.com/ozone_stri ... y_red.html

Thank you again :D
TakuMii

AncuL wrote:

where the hell is goodwill? if it's a place in US i might spend more on going there (literally more)
Goodwill is basically a sort of thrift-shop in the US... They sell anything that people donate, and generally they're not smart enough to tell a mechanical keyboard apart from a normal keyboard (especially if it's a really minimalist design like the Steelseries 6G v2), so you can find stuff like that for ridiculous prices.

@OP: There's not really anything wrong with CM Storm... I've never heard of Ozone, so if you're basing your purchase on reputation alone, I personally wouldn't go for them.
Also: yes, I'd avoid Kailh switches. But in terms of Cherry MX switch type, Reds and Browns would be your best bet. You also have other nice options (like Gateron or Omron), but those can be a lot more expensive or much harder to find.
Kafein_old_1
I've tried 3 switches so far (Cherry Reds, Blues, and Browns) and I can attest that Reds are the best for osu! out of the three, hands down. So any keyboard brands with Cherry Reds will do, depending on your budget and availability in your country. I'd like to recommend a Filco or a Ducky (boards I'm currently using) but availability and/or price might be a problem if you're not from Asia.

Don't waste your money on keyboards with Kaihl switches.
Cenia
I've done some researches as well as you do and finally step up the game by buying a mechanical keyboard
In my local store, I happen to test out between blue, silent (Corsair Strafe), and red switches. I find blue switches is a bit heavier and noisy while silent is more quiet than red
If you have done your research, you might want to spend more and at least buy a durable one like Ducky One that I'm using (No LED, Red Switch, and Fullsize) for 75 USD
For peripheral equipment, you might want to spend more to get the best one so you don't change your equipment frequently.
It helps you last longer in streams.