forum

Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

ErufenRito wrote:

02:49:940 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - And ill say it again. These new combos are pointless Lol. And are kind of ugly ;D
No you D:
Thanks
NotShinta
Uh, did I mention how fucking awesome this is?
jericho2442
Relaxing
01:15:502 (1,2) - these feel too close due to the spacing for the combo after, reverse the (1) and this plays much much better
02:33:592 (1) - the place this spinner ends feels really bad and out of time, it "should" end at either 02:34:682 or 02:35:045

Average
00:47:541 - add a note here and it improves the playability of this pattern a lot

RJ's Challenging
nothing i can say xD

Tough
01:03:355 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - this stream really really plays bad and does not suit the map, i do really advise to map somethin else at this point :/
01:28:593 (1,2) - timing here plays and sounds really bad, much better with a timing like this

01:38:402 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - i found this extremely blind to read, the fully hidden notes behind the sliders completely killed the flow of this map to me, if you made them less blind this map would be much much better
02:26:690 (2,3) - i kno its done for pattern, but the spacing here was rather bad to play, they do need more space between them :/
02:29:596 (1,2) - same

-------------------------------
very nice maps but i really do advise you to seriously look at some of them things i pointed out on the hardest, by fixing and changing them you would increase the fun and playability of the diff massively
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

k3nsh1n_H1mur4 wrote:

It's just impression or you made the BPM sync with the vocal?

/me completely ignored...
Sorry, but I don't get it...

NotShinta wrote:

Uh, did I mention how fucking awesome this is?
You're awesome too.

jericho wrote:

mod
Wow I didn't notice those things :3

Thanks, Great mod.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo
Bump.
Sallad4ever
Hi Gonz :D

[General]

- honestly, I thought you mistyped the title then I see the video, it is actually Brianstorm :oops:
- Well the video doesn't really need an epilepsy warning, but it's true that all the movement in it is very annoying
- 02:25:244 (T) - hmm might as well remove this green timing section, if it only to add kiai, then add kiai on the red timing section

[Relaxing]
01:16:955 (2) - why the anti jump? it doesn't fit here

[Avarage]
02:28:143 (1) - I suggest to align the head of this slider to the end of the previous slider to make a better curve , something like this

[RJ's Challenging]
01:47:449 (1) - extend this spinner 1/4 beat more?

[Though]

02:49:940 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - xD

I'm guessing this is still not bubble yet because of the Timing, it's good enough imo
anyway Great map you pro mappers
~STAR
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo
SPOILER

Sallad4ever wrote:

Hi Gonz :D Hey Sallad :D

[General]

- honestly, I thought you mistyped the title then I see the video, it is actually Brianstorm :oops: Added Brainstorm to tags.
- 02:25:244 (T) - hmm might as well remove this green timing section, if it only to add kiai, then add kiai on the red timing section
I'll keep the green section.

[Relaxing]
01:16:955 (2) - why the anti jump? it doesn't fit here Oops, fixed.

[Avarage]
02:28:143 (1) - I suggest to align the head of this slider to the end of the previous slider to make a better curve , something like this
Done.

Thanks Sallad :D
Zelos
I honestly could not find anything wrong. yay great mapsets :D!

Star
Colin Hou
[General]:
  1. abouth the gray combo circle, I have difficult telling the approachcircle at sometime.
  2. example:
  3. combo color in [Relaxing] is different from other diffs
[Tough]:
  1. 00:44:634 (3,4,5) - spacing? 00:44:816 (4) move this upper may look better
  2. 00:53:731 (1) - the end is a bit off
  3. 01:14:040 (T) - unused section
  4. 01:27:503 (2,3) - seems crowed
  5. 01:41:689 (1) - reverse arrow is kind of hidden, should be fine though
  6. 01:43:142 (1) - ^
  7. 01:47:449 (2) - unsnapped sliderend, or something should be fixed on the timing
  8. 02:25:246 (T) - move the settings on the section to the uninherited one, and remove this.
  9. 02:49:940 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - cool solo
[RJ's Challenging]:
  1. AR+1
  2. 01:02:415 (T) - snap this KIAI section
  3. 01:03:900 (T) - add note here with a finish?
  4. 01:47:449 (1) - start this on the new section.
[Average]:
  1. 02:36:135 (2) - end this at 02:36:680
  2. 02:25:244 (T) - move the settings on the section to the uninherited one, and remove this.
[Relaxing]:
  1. 02:25:208 (1) - snap this to the new section. and also the double-section issue here
star~
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo
SPOILER

Colin Hou wrote:

[General]:
  1. abouth the gray combo circle, I have difficult telling the approachcircle at sometime. Seems fine, I will change it if somebody else agrees tho.
  2. combo color in [Relaxing] is different from other diffs
Fixed

[Tough]:
  1. 00:44:634 (3,4,5) - spacing? 00:44:816 (4) move this upper may look better Ok
  2. 00:53:731 (1) - the end is a bit off I'm not sure about this.
  3. 01:14:040 (T) - unused section Removed.
  4. 01:27:503 (2,3) - seems crowed What :3 ?
  5. 01:47:449 (2) - unsnapped sliderend, or something should be fixed on the timing Fixed.
  6. 02:25:246 (T) - move the settings on the section to the uninherited one, and remove this. Done.
[Average]:
  1. 02:36:135 (2) - end this at 02:36:680 Ok.
  2. 02:25:244 (T) - move the settings on the section to the uninherited one, and remove this. Done.
[Relaxing]:
  1. 02:25:208 (1) - snap this to the new section. and also the double-section issue here Ok.
star~

Thanks Colin~
Gens
{Relaxing}

01:39:128 (1,2,3) - I don't know, this little bit sounds weird. You could try to follow the lyrics closer.
02:33:592 (1) - This spinner seemed a bit short to me, plus I don't think it fits very well in that part. You could change it for a slider or something.

{Average}

01:00:630 (1) - I don't like this spinner, practically behind the same reason of the spinner I pointed out in Relaxing.
01:50:401 (1,2,3) - I would avoid doing this, it just doesn't seem as intuitive for me. It doesn't really matter though.

~ ~ ~

I didn't touch timing.

The map overall has a good style. The music style is a bit messy though, which doesn't really add up to the map... and on a side note I kind of disliked Tough's last trap.

Well I guess this is ready to be bubbled. Yeah, everything checks out, just check what I said above.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Gens wrote:

{Relaxing}

01:39:128 (1,2,3) - I don't know, this little bit sounds weird. You could try to follow the lyrics closer. Oops, Fixed.
02:33:592 (1) - This spinner seemed a bit short to me, plus I don't think it fits very well in that part. You could change it for a slider or something. I Agree

{Average}

01:00:630 (1) - I don't like this spinner, practically behind the same reason of the spinner I pointed out in Relaxing. Done.
01:50:401 (1,2,3) - I would avoid doing this, it just doesn't seem as intuitive for me. It doesn't really matter though. Remove the circle in the middle to make it easier.

Fixed some ninja spinners, also re-arranged some patterns on Average and Relaxing.
~ ~ ~

... and on a side note I kind of disliked Tough's last trap. I'm not sure about that stream, but I can't come up with anything else, do you have any suggestion :3 ?
Thanks Gens *pokes*
Gens
The last trap in Tough could use some short jumps instead, with sliders instead of circles. Maybe in a square or diamond formation. Just a random thought.

I skimmed through the difficulties again (except RJ's since it seems it had no changes), and everything seems to be alright.
RandomJibberish
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Gens wrote:

The last trap in Tough could use some short jumps instead, with sliders instead of circles. Maybe in a square or diamond formation. Just a random thought.

I skimmed through the difficulties again (except RJ's since it seems it had no changes), and everything seems to be alright.

Hmm ok, Tried something with sliders.

Oh, RJ's diff updated.
Gens
{Average}
01:02:084 (2) - It irks me that this doesn't follow some instrument or vocal.
02:33:592 (5) - This slider also suffers the same thing as above, just not that bad.

And that last trap seemed a bit easy now :P. Not that it matters, it's pretty good.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Gens wrote:

{Average}
01:02:084 (2) - It irks me that this doesn't follow some instrument or vocal.
02:33:592 (5) - This slider also suffers the same thing as above, just not that bad.

Hmm ok I think that those 2 sliders will be fine now.

And that last trap seemed a bit easy now :P. Not that it matters, it's pretty good. D:
Thanks Gens :3

Also changed:
-Sample Set to "Normal" here: 02:45:444 - (Tough)
-02:39:768 - Slider shape (Relaxing)
-02:45:580 (1,2,3,4,5) - Improved Star Formation (Relaxing)
Gens
More somewhat trivial things, bear with me. :L

Yeah, the sliders are a little bit better. They don't irk me as much anymore. Although they could follow the vocals better...

{Relaxing}
01:03:900 - Either a beat should be here, or the spinner should be extended here. I did notice this last time but it slipped my mind, sorry.

{Average}
01:53:276 (1,1) - Were these always like that? Seeing this as a Normal-like difficulty these don't go with the difficulty as well.

Dammit, I hope I'm not missing something else. I feel silly for having to recheck this so much.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Gens wrote:

More somewhat trivial things, bear with me. :L

Yeah, the sliders are a little bit better. They don't irk me as much anymore. Although they could follow the vocals better...
Tweaked them a bit

{Relaxing}
01:03:900 - Either a beat should be here, or the spinner should be extended here. I did notice this last time but it slipped my mind, sorry.
I rather use rhythmical breaks for Easy :3

{Average}
01:53:276 (1,1) - Were these always like that? Seeing this as a Normal-like difficulty these don't go with the difficulty as well.
Are these too hard? too easy maybe D:? Oh well replaced them. 01:58:361 (4,1) - I'm ok with this jump.
Dammit, I hope I'm not missing something else. I feel silly for having to recheck this so much.
This reminds me of Wavin' Flag :3
Gens

Gonzvlo wrote:

Gens wrote:

This reminds me of Wavin' Flag :3
Haha, you're right. In any case, thanks for being patient. I see no other problems with the map, and I love the tweaks you've done so far.

So it's time for Bubs.
braian5234
STAR! 8-)
Larto
Tough:
01:41:689 (1) - Hitbursts more or less completely cover the repeat arrow. To be on the safe side, make the repeat arrow more visible by moving the slider somewhere else.
01:43:142 (1) - ^
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Larto wrote:

Tough:
01:41:689 (1) - Hitbursts more or less completely cover the repeat arrow. To be on the safe side, make the repeat arrow more visible by moving the slider somewhere else.
01:43:142 (1) - ^
Done, thanks Larto :3
Larto
THIS SONG
Gens
Going by the same principle, at 01:45:087 (2) the repeat arrow is also covered! You should move previous combo's (3) somewhere else too.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Gens wrote:

Going by the same principle, at 01:45:087 (2) the repeat arrow is also covered! You should move previous combo's (3) somewhere else too. Fixed
I was not happy with this map, so I re-arranged most of the patterns in [Tough] to improve flow and pattern design. Also modified the combo colors to fit the video and added some skin elements. (+ SB'd a little effect)

kudosu'd~ D:
Gens
This needs to get ranked already :I
Verdisphena
:P
gyt

Gens wrote:

narakucrimson

Gens wrote:

HellDawn
8-)
jericho2442
i feel sorry for whoever timed this xD, buut timing seems pretty much perfect and easy SS playable

also maps are great, some patterns could be a lil better but thats just me nit picking ;)

enjoy your heart :lol:
ztrot
Gratz
Gens
About time.

Congrats, Gonz.
ThePal
<3
I loved this song from Guitar Hero 5, thanks for mapping! :D
intermu
Didn't see this before, but

FUCK YEAH FOR ARCTIC MONKEYS I LOVE YOU