forum

[duplicate] PF/SD Fail Point

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
SSoQw
The idea I'm proposing is that there should be an toggle to have SD/PF fail you at the end of a song that you haven't FC'ed or SS'ed rather than when you miss, kind of like the way Taiko fails you. If someone else has requested something like this please let me know so I can bump it :D.
Pawsu
Do you mean this? t/141061
The title makes me think of it, but then, the description doesn't...
Jibril

Pawsu wrote:

Do you mean this? t/141061
The title makes me think of it, but then, the description doesn't...
No he means that at the end of the map, if you have either SD/PF mods, it will fail you based on if you did or didn't meet the requirements for the mod.
Example: You're playing some song on PF. You get a 100, but the map does not fail you when you get the 100. It fails you at the end of the song, giving you the capability to keep playing after you mess up rather than the degrading insta-fail.

Or so I think correct me if I'm wrong @OP
Minhtam
But that destroys the point of PF/SD. If you know you missed the FC or SS, what's the point of finishing the song if the game will instant fail you already?

If anything, just play SD and then when you hit the 100, press the Escape button and retry the song. At least you know where you messed up and can adjust properly.
Topic Starter
SSoQw

Minhtam wrote:

But that destroys the point of PF/SD. If you know you missed the FC or SS, what's the point of finishing the song if the game will instant fail you already?

If anything, just play SD and then when you hit the 100, press the Escape button and retry the song. At least you know where you messed up and can adjust properly.
Maybe it would for people who play standard as a green indication will appear if you don't get a 300, but I play catch the beat and atempt to keep perfect hit accuracy. So failing on a miss of even a droplet becomes frustrating after the first 50 tries, but submitting a s because I didn't take the time to look at my acc is even more frustrating. And in mania you don't always see an indication of a 100/200 on double notes/sliders that you 300 one side of. As far as ruining the point of the mods, their point is to allow you to only submit a ss or fc score so I don't see how an option to have the mods fail you at end instead of where you miss would ruin them.
Stefan
I am very sure the thread Pawsu linked want exactly this kind of change to modify SD (or a new own mod) to set criterias when you auto-fail a map. Marking this as duplicate, feel free to move back if I am wrong.
JibriI
Well, I'll say that they're similar. But not really. What Pawsu is saying is make it so you can change what needs to happen to fail with PF, what Ninja Unicorn is trying to say is make it so the criteria for pf stays the same, but missing doesn't instantly kill you, it works like taiko where you fail at the end if the criteria is not met.
JibriI

Minhtam wrote:

Not really, it lets you go as you would, but gives you a chance to see what you did wrong, the pf mod and sd mod as are, kill you the millisecond you break criteria, giving you little to no chance to see what you did wrong, where as this way, you can finish the song without having to worry about stopping and going to the menu before it submits a score that (obviously, if you had he mod active,) you didn't want submitted.