forum

[Archived] Keep the post icon when editing the map's thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Glass
I really see no reason for the bubble/heart to pop when you merely edit the map's comment post in the thread. You're not sneaking any unrankable element into the map nor are you changing the content of the mapset so it shouldn't require a MAT/BAT to recheck and repair the bubble.

Edit: Fix'd title~
Derekku
More like "Keep the post icon when editing the map's thread" which would solve both accidental bubble pops and the removal of hearts. I think we're all sick of seeing "heart fixed" everyday. :p
James2250

Derekku wrote:

More like "Keep the post icon when editing the map's thread" which would solve both accidental bubble pops and the removal of hearts. I think we're all sick of seeing "heart fixed" everyday. :p
But osuplayer111 will be out of a job :(

Yeah I agree~
Topic Starter
Glass

Derekku wrote:

Yeah that's true, fixed :D
Galkan
Good idea.

+1
Echo
So is the icon disappearing when you edit from the forum or when you change it when you're submitting again?
Derekku

Echo wrote:

So is the icon disappearing when you edit from the forum or when you change it when you're submitting again?
If one tries to edit their thread on the forum (and the thread has any icon), the icon gets removed. Thus if bubbled, would need to be rebubbled, or if ranked, need a heart fix.

If one tries to update their map through the BSS (and the map is bubbled), then the bubble gets popped. I can't remember off-hand if other icons like stars remain when updating via BSS.

I'm on the border whether this is a bug or feature request, but oh well. :s
Topic Starter
Glass

Derekku wrote:

Echo wrote:

If one tries to update their map through the BSS (and the map is bubbled), then the bubble gets popped. I can't remember off-hand if other icons like stars remain when updating via BSS.
BAT/MAT stars do remain.
Lybydose
Here's how it works right now:

Editing the first post in a map topic will remove a bubble icon or heart icon. This doesn't apply to BATs and MATs editing their own first post because they have the authority to set the bubble icon (dunno about MATs and heart icons).

Updating the map through in-game submission will automatically pop the bubble for anyone, but it won't remove the icon from the post unless the person hits "Submit" after they finish uploading. Since map changes are submitted even when you don't click "Submit" (the submit button only changes the topic), this can result in the strange situation where a map appears to be bubbled, but it really isn't.
Shiro

Lybydose wrote:

Editing the first post in a map topic will remove a bubble icon or heart icon. This doesn't apply to BATs and MATs editing their own first post because they have the authority to set the bubble icon (dunno about MATs and heart icons).
When MATs edit their main post, the icon disappears, since they don't have right to set a main icon for a ranked map. I don't know about pending ones ?
Derekku
Ah, I forgot about that situation, Lyby. That definitely needs to be looked at as well.
Beuchi
Although Lyby's case would look more like a bug report than a feature request, the thread isn't specifically related to that, and I agree that it's a bit annoying to pop a bubble just for editing the description xP

So... I'm giving a bit more priority to this~
Topic Starter
Glass
bump
Xgor
gyt
arien666
If just wanna edit Previous - Current - Sequel editing, it might be supported >.>
Support XD
peppy
I love how echo posted in this thread once then ran away >.>
Will look at fixing this today.
Echo
Both scenarios pointed out by Lybydose on page 1 should be fixed.
Derekku

Lybydose wrote:

Updating the map through in-game submission will automatically pop the bubble for anyone, but it won't remove the icon from the post unless the person hits "Submit" after they finish uploading. Since map changes are submitted even when you don't click "Submit" (the submit button only changes the topic), this can result in the strange situation where a map appears to be bubbled, but it really isn't.
Still seeing this one.
Echo
Example please.
Derekku
Not able to, since a map with the bug received another full submission, thus fixing the issue.