forum

Being able to disable videos while in editor [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +38
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
title says it all
LuigiHann
yeah, it should be an option at least. It's pretty annoying to deal with
Derekku
I've been thinking about this for awhile. Many times I'll download a map (with video) to check everything for a full mod. However, the video will later distract me and I end up having to just delete it. Perhaps a simple button (or even a check-able item in one of the menus) would work.
Verdisphena
Yes
Firo Prochainezo
Yes please.
James2250
Support here~
NatsumeRin
edit: well nothing.
Derekku

NatsumeRin wrote:

no support from me, you could just do this by disable Background Video in options.]
The point is that it's annoying having to leave the editor, going to options, and coming back to the editor just to disable video. There's no toggle like there is for playing maps, so an option IN the editor would be very helpful for aforementioned reasons like modding.
LuigiHann
I'd just like to be able to toggle the video option from within the editor, so I could map with video off and test with video on relatively easily.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
i would lag less in the editor too :D
Kitsunemimi
Well I actually used to just disabled the background video in options... but if you want it this way, I suppose it would be pretty useful.
Xgor

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Well I actually used to just disabled the background video in options... but if you want it this way, I suppose it would be pretty useful.
Pretty much this.

I do see the point in this as I done that quite allot of times <_<
Lunah_old

ouranhshc wrote:

title says it all
Yes, Please. Yes.
Zekira
I don't think I need to say much anymore for support.
mrbubl3s

Lunah wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

title says it all
Yes, Please. Yes.
Card N'FoRcE

Derekku wrote:

The point is that it's annoying having to leave the editor, going to options, and coming back to the editor just to disable video. There's no toggle like there is for playing maps, so an option IN the editor would be very helpful for aforementioned reasons like modding.
This.
Having the option would be more useful that it may seem at first.

Support.
arien666

Zekira wrote:

I don't think I need to say much anymore for support.
Lalala Happiness
Mekadesu.
Hibike Taiko no Tatsujin

:3

Support.
Soaprman
I've wanted this many times (especially when modding maps with FLV video that chokes up my old computer) but I never thought to post a request. Here's hoping it gets in!
awp

Derekku wrote:

The point is that it's annoying having to leave the editor, going to options, and coming back to the editor just to disable video.
In the meantime, it's less annoying to go "File > Open .osb", add a "z" to the pathname of the video, save it, and hit ctrl + shift + i (I think that's the revert to saved hotkey? Or L? Or R? I haven't the foggiest)

A toggle's just a bit more elegant of a solution though
Lilac
Hey...

awp's got a point!

Oh geez.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
how many people actually know how to do that?
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
bump
Verdisphena

ouranhshc wrote:

bump
OzzyOzrock
oh you

+support although I delete the vid and redownload
ziin
rename the video in the folder and reload the song.

I would much rather have an easier way to disable audio/make the mp3 quiet so I can hear hitsounds without having to turn up hitsounds volume (which is unrealistic to do on those green timing section maps). I haven't tried using this workaround with the mp3, though.

The only way I've found to get the mp3 to be silent is to set the offset to a negative value, and that only lasts until you save it.
SapphireGhost
YES please... so much lag when I edit video maps
Sakura
I normally just comment the video line in the .osb / .osus for this when modding so i can check for blending on the BG for people with no video on, and all that stuff, however this sounds like a really nice idea so +Support
MathiasXII
Oh god +support from me!

I know there's a lot of work arounds to disable the video, but make something more of a direct approach instead of workarounds all the time would be practical as well. Besides, I would basically never let a video play in the background while editing... unless it has some link with notes (but I still have to find such music video).
Aoitenshi

ouranhshc wrote:

title says it all
XPJ38
You have been heard.

Ekaru

XPJ38 wrote:

You have been heard.

Yes! Finally! Thank you, peppy!
Sakura
Marking this as added then
Topic Starter