forum

good cherry mx switch for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mousr
considering to buy cheery mx mechanical keyboard, any idea for good switch ? or anyone can provide what pros use?
Yuudachi-kun
Blues
Pituophis
Super Blacks
Endie-
Like... Really really red switches. That way, when you start bleeding, it won't be as visible!
#lifehax
lol
I've had reds browns blues and blacks.

First are blues - I actually bought 3 MX Blue Keyboards because they sound so nice imo, they are really loud and give clicky feedback. They require you to bottom out the key for a keystroke to be registered though.

Second are browns - Browns also require you to bottom out the key but they have no clicky feedback, kinda quieter than blues. Overall didnt like these.

Third are reds - best for osu in my opinion, the sound they make is nice depending on the housing of your keyboard, the keys dont have to be bottomed to register a keystroke which is super handy for osu.

TL DR;

Browns - no.
Blues - Satisfying feedback - best for typing.
Reds - Gaming edge.
TakuMii

lol wrote:

They require you to bottom out the key for a keystroke to be registered
since when did MX Blues/Browns become rubberdomes
lol

YayMii wrote:

lol wrote:

They require you to bottom out the key for a keystroke to be registered
since when did MX Blues/Browns become rubberdomes
If like me you do research before you upgrade products you would see that loads of users complain about having to bottom out their MX Browns as it felt weird compared to their reds.
TakuMii

lol wrote:

If like me you do research before you upgrade products you would see that loads of users complain about having to bottom out their MX Browns as it felt weird compared to their reds.
I've been using Browns for years, and I still bottom them out less than I bottom out Reds... But that still doesn't have anything to do with how your statement is factually incorrect. All Cherry MX switches actuate at the halfway point, regardless of what people subjectively say about how they feel.

And yes: I, in fact, have done my research. I wouldn't have bought a MX Brown keyboard in the first place if I hadn't (especially considering how few MX Brown keyboards there were on the market back then).
MyAngelNanahira
You should head in an electronic store and see which switches Zou like. It's pretty much personal preference. I have browns and can only recommend them. I would not recommend blacks tho. They have a pretty huge tactical feedback.
Nakano Itsuki
reds ftw
although its just personal preference
Jarvis
I've tried reds and blues so far, the blues have good feedback for single taps and such but are harder to press.

I've stuck to reds as they are easier to press, high streaming capability and reliable reset point as I think the blues reset at a different point than where they actuate, not really good for double taps
TakuMii

Jarvis wrote:

I think the blues reset at a different point than where they actuate, not really good for double taps
This is true, and probably the only reason why I wouldn't recommend them. The reset point is higher than the actuation point, so rapid presses require more finger movement (and therefore are more inconsistent and/or more tiring) compared to the non-clicky switch types.
mokyu
󠀡
Ganbatte_old_1
Reds all the way!
Or blues.
Kagu-chan
Dont read all answers, but i think red is the best. I have mine now for 3 weeks, the first few days all my hits was too early, but now its perfect. Red switches are best for very fast gameplay and repeating hits on the same keys regarding product descriptions.

And there more silent then my old razor blackwidow (which was broken after three months, the second one after one week...)
Endie-
Personal prefrence