forum

[OpenGL] Sliders and most recent update [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
In the most recent update, the old, obsolete slider drawing method has been phased out again. No known bugs exist with the new method, and it should look better and run slightly faster for everyone.

In case of potential undiscovered compatability issues, the old method can be re-enabled by opening the following skin:

http://puu.sh/B6B

Download this file and click it and osu! should install the skin for you.

If you use a custom skin, you will need to add the following line to its skin.ini file:
SliderStyle: 4

Lastly, as always, if you can run osu! with Direct3D, you should do that. It's faster and more feature-rich.

If you experience any problems, please post in this thread with a screenshot of a slider and your graphics card model, driver version, and OS.
nVidi4x
sorry for my english but i have the slider bug. I have no sliders (is so weird).
I didnt understand what file i should overwrite, if u can help me a little bit :P cuz im a little nerd with this kind of problems.
i reinstalled osu and now i read this treath, lol
Torran

ATI Radeon HD 4650
AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
peppy
I'll probably rollback these changes tomorrow if they aren't resolved.
Topic Starter
mm201
Please wait for the next build which should be up shortly.

EDIT: The new build is up. Any remaining issues (the vast majority should be resolved) should be placed here. The above fix still applies.

Edit2: 18 hours and no reports. Downgrading to a sticky.
slachtbeest
Hi, I just downloaded osu today, I played for a few tries and then for some reason my sliders disapeared like in the above post. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and everything was fine....for a little while and it happened again =(

I have no idea what my video card is, I have a laptop. A HP pavilion notebook if that makes any difference.
Topic Starter
mm201
Try switching between d3d and opengl and see if it makes any difference. Also try choosing a lower resolution.

Edit: Downgrading to regular topic and resolving. What few instances remain can & should be dealt with on a per-case basis.
robotdrumer100
i just had this problem but this fixed it
Jomafen
This is the problem I've been having with my sliders. Any ideas?

Running Windows XP through Virtual Box.
Geforce 9600M GT Video Card.
Jomafen
Sorry, upload too large the first time... Here it is.

Topic Starter
mm201
Virutalbox?

(I should create a sticky for this >___>)