forum

Long term improvement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyspy
How much do you play daily? ( Playcount, hits and/or hours)
What do you guys think to be the best "schedule" for yourself? How much time do you spend doing a warm up?
I DO play for fun, but I wonder if adjusting/increasing the "quality" of the time that I play will eventually make the game funnier and more rewarding, not talking about pp gains but actual improvement.

In your experience, playing one day per specific training could be worth? Like for example : Monday aim-day, Tuesday-stream, etc,.
I'd love to know what do you think about that since I don't know how many players actually prefer a long term improvement instead of a short term one (insta pp).

This is one if not THE funniest game I've ever played, it's challenging and somehow rewarding.
I'm open to every suggestion in order to learn, improve and enjoying the game more, but since things like settings, grips, etc., are individual I wanted to know what do you do if you want to improve. Playing more is mandatory but if you do the same stuff in the same way over and over you won't see your mistakes.
Do you try to get a better acc on a old score? Do you spam unranked maps? Or do you just take yourself above your usual limits and see what you can get?

Thanks for your time :)
Ninonuko

wrote:

How much do you play daily? ( Playcount, hits and/or hours) idk because I rarely play online if I do probably I'm looking for fc or meet friend ._.
What do you guys think to be the best "schedule" for yourself? when I want to play
How much time do you spend doing a warm up? 1-10 play count
In your experience, playing one day per specific training could be worth? Like for example : Monday aim-day, Tuesday-stream, etc,. Never tried it, it sounds stressful
Do you try to get a better acc on a old score?Yes
Do you spam unranked maps? Yes
Or do you just take yourself above your usual limits and see what you can get?This is probably what I do all the time, I rarely go for fc
I have only one 190+pp and two 200+pp which represent my true skill.
ZenithPhantasm
Just enjoy game if you want to improve long term. Once you stop enjoying the game learning becomes hard and you will not improve. I speak from experience.
Yolshka
You don't have to play long hours in one sitting, you can divide it up to maybe 1h sections.
But I'd say for rapid improvement 3h a day should be enough.
At least, that's how I do it, someone can correct me If it's something that you shouldnt be doing.
Nabel_old_1

ShadyAngel wrote:

You don't have to play long hours in one sitting, you can divide it up to maybe 1h sections.
But what if you need 2 hours to warm-up
Yuudachi-kun
5-7 hours 50-80,000 hits
chainpullz

Kyspy wrote:

How much do you play daily? ( Playcount, hits and/or hours)
What do you guys think to be the best "schedule" for yourself? How much time do you spend doing a warm up?
I DO play for fun, but I wonder if adjusting/increasing the "quality" of the time that I play will eventually make the game funnier and more rewarding, not talking about pp gains but actual improvement.

In your experience, playing one day per specific training could be worth? Like for example : Monday aim-day, Tuesday-stream, etc,.
I'd love to know what do you think about that since I don't know how many players actually prefer a long term improvement instead of a short term one (insta pp).

This is one if not THE funniest game I've ever played, it's challenging and somehow rewarding.
I'm open to every suggestion in order to learn, improve and enjoying the game more, but since things like settings, grips, etc., are individual I wanted to know what do you do if you want to improve. Playing more is mandatory but if you do the same stuff in the same way over and over you won't see your mistakes.
Do you try to get a better acc on a old score? Do you spam unranked maps? Or do you just take yourself above your usual limits and see what you can get?

Thanks for your time :)
1) 3+ hours unless I have multiple deadlines/exams coming up. 30-60k hits.

2) No, specific training for each day is pretty stupid. For instance, I can only focus well enough for hdhr if I'm well rested etc. so it would be stupid to force myself to maintain a strict schedule. Just play what you want when you feel like it but don't expect to get good at stuff you don't play frequently.

3) Depends on if I like the map

4) No, I just play fun maps and more often then not they are unranked

5) Always... why wouldn't I push myself if I want to improve? I'm not retarded so I know my limits and don't waste time playing maps I clearly am not improving on but seeing a clear lacking of mod plays isn't a deterrent, it's a challenge (fuck fast maps though).
Yuudachi-kun
Specific training for each day is nice

how dare you
Yolshka
:oops:

Nabel wrote:

ShadyAngel wrote:

But what if you need 2 hours to warm-up
:D
No idea then.
deletemyaccount

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Just enjoy game if you want to improve long term. Once you stop enjoying the game learning becomes hard and you will not improve. I speak from experience.
I did this and would randomly find that I could play stuff that I couldn't before after a while

please challenge yourself at least though; don't play maps below your skill level all the time.
silento
How much do you play daily?
It's very unstable for me now, but 2 hours is what I last remember.

The two hours a day schedule worked for me so I'll stick with that. I will say that I spend about 5 minutes or so warming up and then I just play what I want.

That answer really depends on the type of player you are and how you approach tasks. I can never set off days to improve a certain part of my play, but rather just play what I feel like playing. Do I want to play Hidden, Easy, DT or HR? I'll play them. Am I in the mood to play fast aimy shit or do I want to stream well? It's all up to me and what maps I play. Chances are that the first few maps I do play influence the rest of the time I'm playing, so I go off of improving those aspects though.

I try not to spam improve my acc on a score because I want my acc to not be on one specific map. That said, I will go back and improve them if I feel I can.

I don't necessarily care about ranked or unranked maps, but I've found unranked maps to be more fun if anything. This really depends on what I'm playing. Anything that requires me to aim, I'll just resort to Tillerino and "!r nomod" my way through the maps because that works the best for me. For anything else really, I just see if there's an unranked map I have that tests it and play that. If I don't have one, I go find one that tests it for me. I also end up playing for the music if anything, and generally that's where unranked maps really shine (not saying ranked maps don't have good music).

90% I will be pushing my limits because the game is more fun that way. A map that challenges me all the way through is much better than a simple map that has say one diff spike to watch out for. It's why I don't prefer going for acc or fc "grinding". I'd rather force myself to play for acc only or combo only and give it 5 plays at most before moving on.

In the end, I play what I like and if there's something that I'm weak on, I look for ways to fix it.
ithgyu
play a lot and do the training that is hard and really boring. Thats how you get better
Sayorie
How much do you play daily? ( Playcount, hits and/or hours) 2-5 hours
What do you guys think to be the best "schedule" for yourself? I only play when I'm feeling well and my mood is up.
How much time do you spend doing a warm up? Playing my favorite songs constitutes most of my warm-up.
In your experience, playing one day per specific training could be worth? Like for example : Monday aim-day, Tuesday-stream, etc,. Not really per-day basis, more like per-session basis.

I'm open to every suggestion in order to learn, improve and enjoying the game more, but since things like settings, grips, etc., are individual I wanted to know what do you do if you want to improve. Playing more is mandatory but if you do the same stuff in the same way over and over you won't see your mistakes. Do you try to get a better acc on a old score? Do you spam unranked maps? Or do you just take yourself above your usual limits and see what you can get?
I do a random rotation of: playing difficult maps, FC'ing at-level maps, trying out mods, stream training, and jump training. Most of my motivation for playing this game comes from wanting to enjoy it. It helps with my depression. I don't play when I'm not enjoying the game.

Thanks for your time :) You're welcome.
Kunino Sagiri
It's all random and there is no schedule like how you should play any other game.
I Give Up
2 hr per day average.
Endie-
Enjoy the game, dammit
Dre-

Khelly wrote:

5-7 hours 50-80,000 hits
this ^ also sticking to a schedule might or might not be a bad idea for example i only do this with stamina i'll shred my hands for 3 days then rest for about 4 - 5 days depending on how bad it hurts. during this time frame i just play hr and other stuff You wont always have fun doing stuff unless your a masochist like me training can be boring so stick to what you want to do.