forum

Overtapping ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FathomAssembly
Hi ! Since a few weeks/months, I've begun practicing a bit patterns that are like : " circle circle circle shortpause circle " and I wondered if the fact of tapping more times than necessary had a name.
For instance, if there's a triplet, and you tap 4 times, or if there's a duet and you tap 3 times, is there already a word (that I would guess to be something like 'overtapping') to describe it ?
Deva
Spamming.
Sayorie
Or mashing too. I only overtap if I did a mistake reading the stack/pattern. I guess read properly.

and it's not a duet, it's a double.
DeathHydra
That's called misread. You won't tap more than necessary unless you read it wrong.
Topic Starter
FathomAssembly

DeathAdderz wrote:

That's called misread. You won't tap more than necessary unless you read it wrong.
Believe me or not, but until recently, I was tapping too much even when reading correctly ! By fear of not clicking enough times I think x)

So if it's not due to a misread, it's mashing/spamming, OK, thanks !
Baka94
More often I don't tap enough times even though I can clearly see how many times I need to tap (hand doesn't cooperate.. :o ). Sometimes happens with streams and stacks with odd number of circles. On the other had, streams and stacks of even number of circles (except for double) I seem to mess up far more often.
Sayorie
Mashing can also be the result of 'tensing up', making you lose control with your tapping. But mostly, it's a read error. Just keep your cool throughout the song and try to read properly. That is all.

or sometimes, your brain short-circuited for a short moment, causing a shitmiss. This is a relatively rarer occurrence than misreading though.
Topic Starter
FathomAssembly

Baka94 wrote:

More often I don't tap enough times even though I can clearly see how many times I need to tap (hand doesn't cooperate.. :o ). Sometimes happens with streams and stacks with odd number of circles. On the other had, streams and stacks of even number of circles (except for double) I seem to mess up far more often.
That happen's to me a bit too !
Saphirshroom

Vayentha wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

Believe me or not, but until recently, I was tapping too much even when reading correctly ! By fear of not clicking enough times I think x)
But then that's not reading correctly.