forum

Option to Display Nearby Ranks Instead of the Top Ranks

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
dariendude17
Maybe it's just me, but I find it demoralizing that when i play with ranks displayed it shows my lousy-ass rank and score at the very bottom next to the top-ranked players in the world. I'm never gonna beat the number 7th ranked person at Ras Trent! Why can't I just see my rank next to the people I'm equally ranked to?

Now I'm just a total scrub, but it would be way more fun if when I played, I saw my rank in a song jump in real-time above some other scrub. You can't deny it's fun to see yourself beat someone else's score!

I know I suck at this game, but I would be immensely happy if I could see my score in say Daft Punks Around the World beatmap go from 16,145th in the world to 16,143, instead of right now where all i see is myslef at the bottom of the screen with those same top-ranked players scores laughing in my face.

ANY chance at all in the future to change it in the options so i see my rank in a beatmap next to other similarly ranked players instead of just displaying the top ranks?
Ted_the_red
You can basically do this with friend leaderboards. Just add people that are close to your rank and you can get that feeling of beating other player's scores as you pass them on the friend leaderboard
[ Koutei Monev]

Ted wrote:

You can basically do this with friend leaderboards. Just add people that are close to your rank and you can get that feeling of beating other player's scores as you pass them on the friend leaderboard
but wasn´t friend leaderboard only available for supporters?

Supporter tag costs $4 one month
Ted_the_red

venomnk wrote:

but wasn´t friend leaderboard only available for supporters?

Supporter tag costs $4 one month
Yes I'm well aware of that, and if this was implemented I'm sure it would be a supporter only feature too.
Topic Starter
dariendude17
I'm fine with this being a supporter feature. If it were I would totally put up the money! Get on it, OSU developers!
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I think this can be an addon feature for osu! Supporters~. *cheers!* :D
Topic Starter
dariendude17
So are the developers of OSU watching? how can I know if I have gotten their attention?
Princess Jish
This sounds pretty good. I'm more focused on country than global but it should be for both global and country.