forum

Arranged by Memoire/Soreperior Vocals by Milky - Stronger Th

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Belute
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 7:09:43 PM

Artist: Arranged by Memoire/Soreperior Vocals by Milky
Title: Stronger Than You
Source: video game
Tags: Undertale, game, parody
BPM: 98
Filesize: 4270kb
Play Time: 02:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Stronger (1.65 stars, 187 notes)
Download: Arranged by Memoire/Soreperior Vocals by Milky - Stronger Than You
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 12:27:46 PM

Artist: Arranged by Memoire/Soreperior Vocals by Milky
Title: Stronger Than You
Source: video game
Tags: Undertale, game, parodyIts nice (Latest Update will be fixing some things, i appreciate any help i can get)
Updated the timing section (Apparently you need one in order to even load the map)
Fixed offset
Added time section
RogueKitten
I will do some modding for you, seeing you haven't got any yet.

First, remove the source Youtube - source means whether or not it came from a TV show or video game. Remove the (Chara) Undertale from the end of the song name as well. It isn't actually part of Undertale, but is based on it.

According to your description, you won't work on it anymore after the next update? You haven't got ANY modding! You also only have one difficulty, which isn't the best idea. When there is a one-diff map, it is usually given a special name other than "Easy", "Extra", etc. based on the title of the song. If you plan to only have one difficulty, I would recommend giving it a special name (maybe "Stronger"?)

Also, this Easy diff is Normal. I think it's pretty obvious why - the circle size. The circle size is far too small for an Easy difficulty. Try making it bigger until the map is under 1.5 stars (which is when a map becomes Normal, if I am correct). Try maybe CS7 or 8?

There are two timing sections, but the song is single-BPM. Remove the second timing section (was it a mistake?).
Topic Starter
Belute
Okay thanks I will try to fix these mistakes, very helpful ! This the first map i've done and yes it would be very helpful if you helped me out with the modding, also i guess this won't be the last update since apparently i have a lot missing I will change the name and the source and try to modify the difficulty if i figure out how to do it. Thanks again!
Topic Starter
Belute
Also what time in the song does the BPM change at?
Topic Starter
Belute
After editing the BPM i ended up with no bpm so i don't know if this might be bad. I don't understand what you meant by the second BPM section and if after getting a response i decide that it's extremely necessary i will fix it. i'm just going to post the numbers here for myself later so don't mind this part BPM 98 Offset Figure out later
RogueKitten
Go to the Timing tab and hit the Timing Setup Panel. You will see that there are two timing sections. The second one doesn't change the BPM or hitsounds at all, so it should be removed. Speaking of timing, try experimenting with Kiai time. Kiai time is used at the peak of the song, usually the beat drop or part that is frequently repeated, and gives the level a special sparkly, glowing effect.
RogueKitten
PM me if you need some more help. :P
Topic Starter
Belute
I do plan on keeping in the "(Chara)" part in thought since i plan on making 2 more maps of the same song for Frisk and Sans
RogueKitten
I don't think that'd be the best idea, to be honest...
Topic Starter
Belute
Keeping in the "(Chara)" part in or making 2 more maps?
RogueKitten
Making two other maps. It's a good idea to not map only Undertale songs - other songs will attract a variety of different players. You should also try mapping maps of higher difficulty to get more players, but from the looks of it, you've actually been only playing the game for a couple of days. In my opinion, you should give mapping a break until you can regularly get B's on Hard difficulty maps. That way, you'll have more of an idea how most maps of those difficulties are made, and form a solid "structure" for your map creation.
But you should still fool around with the editor from time to time to understand the editor's functions. I myself don't fully understand the editor...
Topic Starter
Belute
Alright i will give mapping a break and maybe eventually get good enough for hard maps thanks for the advice .
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.