forum

I can't download it on my dad's computer...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I don't want to disappoint, but if I try and download the osu! on my father's computer, he will know and he will kill me! The same thing is going to happen via his laptop!

Is there anyway I can have this game without my dad knowing? Like putting it on a disk?
GSR_old
I'm pretty sure it's self-contained, so you could put it on a USB drive. Putting it on a CD wouldn't work though, since it wouldn't be able to write to it.
chan
Provided you have all the required software (dotnetfx, divx) installed, you should be able to run it from a USB. I run osu! at uni on my iPod most of the time.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I'm not sure if it can work, chan. My dad would still know though...
chan
Er... Get another dad? I don't know, I'd suggest downloading and playing on a friend's computer if you really can't sort it out with your dad. I'm sure your friends will also enjoy this game so they shouldn't mind :P
Kylecito

chan wrote:

Er... Get another dad? I don't know, I'd suggest downloading and playing on a friend's computer if you really can't sort it out with your dad. I'm sure your friends will also enjoy this game so they shouldn't mind :P

Ahaha so mean but i laughed at that.
On a serious note, isn't he mad you're using his computer to post on a forum about how to use his computer without his permission?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
To Kylecito; It's because he just knows that downloads can slow his computer down.

and to chan; What?!
chan
I was joking about getting another dad :P Sorry if you misunderstood. I was serious about using a friend's computer though. Or like me, I download most of my beatmaps at uni :P (bye bye uni quota)
Ivalset
Best solution here is to get a computer of your own.
TimeSplitter95
Get your own PC or ask your dad, I think you'll be allowed to get it - at least the game on your dad's PC. L 8-) L
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Get your own PC or ask your dad, I think you'll be allowed to get it - at least the game on your dad's PC. L L
I don't know... My dad might say no(about the part on downloading it on HIS computer). But I'm not even sure if I can try and get the money to get one myself...
Kylecito
age/gender plz
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
age/gender plz
Well,I am have a male gender and my age is 16, but I don't know if this has anything to do with my computer problem...
TiZ
There's no way osu! is going to slow the computer down. Your dad's simply extremely ignorant about computers. Irresponsible downloading WILL slow down the computer, because you'll end up borking the registry, catching spyware/viruses, etc.

osu! is in no way an irresponsible download. It's reasonably small, independently developed by one guy in his free time, contains no spyware, adware, or viruses, and has a pretty big community following it, which probably wouldn't be around if this program was damaging in any way! Explain this to your dad, and maybe he'll let you download it.

Oh, and your dad saying he'll know if you downloaded it? That's bullshit. He may know if you download something irresponsibly, but this? Impossible unless he's tracking the internet traffic. And as ignorant as your dad seems to be, I think we can rule that out.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
There's no way osu! is going to slow the computer down. Your dad's simply extremely ignorant about computers. Irresponsible downloading WILL slow down the computer, because you'll end up borking the registry, catching spyware/viruses, etc.
Two things on this paragraph: 1. My dad's a computer wiz. 2. This game dose not contain viruses? Plus: Yes. My dad can be ignorant, and doesn't like me downloading stuff. So I'll see what I can do about it.

osu! is in no way an irresponsible download. It's reasonably small, independently developed by one guy in his free time, contains no spyware, adware, or viruses, and has a pretty big community following it, which probably wouldn't be around if this program was damaging in any way! Explain this to your dad, and maybe he'll let you download it.
Two things on this one: 1. How much memory? 2.I'm not sure if I can, but i'll E-mail him. (or you can. His E-mail address is Sirchivalrousknight@hotmail.com)

Oh, and your dad saying he'll know if you downloaded it? That's bullshit. He may know if you download something irresponsibly, but this? Impossible unless he's tracking the internet traffic. And as ignorant as your dad seems to be, I think we can rule that out.
To that? I guess you can.

Tell him for me. Okay? Thank-Q!(Thanks!)
peppy
This thread blows my mind.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I don't know if your mad or supprised, but like I told Twilight in Zero, you can try and E-mail him. Look at the highlight on my dad's E-mail above you previous response.

Please don't kill me! :shock:
Kylecito
pray to god no people from luelinks or 4chan get ahold of that mail
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Dude, that's his E-mail address. You can E-mail him. No offense.
TiZ
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kylecito

Twilight in Zero wrote:

If any Anons get ahold of that E-mail, it's BIG BIG trouble. Hopefully, Anonymous doesn't know about this game yet. :P

The space osu! takes up depends entirely on how many songs and skins you add to it, and whether the songs come with video or not. Mine, for example, takes up 600MB. I've got it loaded up with lots of songs and skins.

If you can't talk him into it, I'll try and convince him. I know lots about computers and can prove it, so hopefully my word will weigh well in his mind. :)
i have posted a considerable ammount of links to osu on /v/
TiZ
Dammit, Kyle. XD

Oh well, publicity is publicity. :P
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Thank-Q guys! I'll try and talk to him.