forum

[Archived] game constantly stutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ohrami
My game has been doing this for a while where it seems to completely freeze for maybe .05-.1 seconds. Maybe it's even less; it's so short I can't tell. It happens maybe every 10 seconds. Sometimes I get the problem, other times I don't. It seems to be completely random. It might seem insignificant, but going from a smooth gameplay to a total freeze is totally jarring and makes playing much more difficult.

Windows 7, GTX 980, i7 5930k
FrzR
Quote from peppy:

peppy wrote:

We are well aware that there are performance issues for a minority of users out there using our new OpenGL-only release. If you are, try closing it and report back if it helps.

First, check if you are running any of this software:
- F.lux
- Shadowplay (disable desktop recording mode)
- Raptr

Please post here if it affects you, with AS MUCH detail as possible.

Minimum you should post:
- What kind of performance problems are you seeing? Low framerate throughout the game? Lag spikes? How often? How long do the spikes last?
- Is compatibility mode turned on in options? Can you turn it off?
- What GPU are you running on? Do you have two GPUs in your PC? Have you tried both?
- Are you running fullscreen? If not, please try this before posting.

Extra things you can do:
- Provide gl_info.txt from your osu! folder.
- Switch to cutting edge and wait for the lag spikes, then include performance.log from the Logs folder in your osu! folder.
- Video showing exactly what you are experiencing.

If you'd like to take the next step, join us on slack in #cuttingedge and we can try and give you help in real-time.
You can post your response by clicking here: Forum thread

My suggestion is try playing on Stable(fallback) build as it also helped me on my end, hopefully yours too for the meantime.