forum

osu! visualizer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_3821342
Ehh... Is this where I submit feedback and suggestions? I hope so. All right.

The new visualizer in the osu homescreen looks like shit. To demonstrate my point here are some pictures of a few different songs. (They're static so they're not very representative of the actual thing. I'd recommend just opening the game and seeing for yourself.)

In all cases they look nearly identical, with the only time when you can notice a difference being when a song goes very slow and quiet compared to when it's loud and fast. I don't know exactly what kind of design philosophy went into it but I can tell it's waayy too sensitive. It doesn't do a good job of following the music. Like with the old visualiser, if I were listening to a song I'd be able to see the low ends dip up and down according to things in the music like drums. If there were chords in the song I might see things like 3 sort of bars slide up and down along the side of the osu logo. With the new visualizer it's just an absolute mess. Nothing seems to be following any sort of rhythm or frequency it just seem to be bobbing up and down all over the place semi-randomly. They also just go off the side of the screen some times which just looks completely unnecessary. It just looks like it's trying too hard, you'd get better visualizers in windows media player ffs. I'm not saying the changes should be rolled back completely, the new visualizer if done right could look a heck of a lot better than the old one. I don't like monstercat that much but if the code was adjusted so you'd have something that was similar but a bit more sensitive than their old visualizer then I think the homescreen would be much nicer to look at.
Capuccino
wait for peppy's reply