forum

A question about GDs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hawnta
So, I'm mapping a fair amount of songs (which can be seen here) and I thought to myself, "Well, this is gonna take a hell of a long time if I have to do the whole mapset by myself," so I wanted some GDs in it. But then that raised another problem: how in the hell am I gonna get GDs?? I'm not friends with ANY professional mappers, and to just PM them most likely wouldn't work. So this is my question:
Is there any way to get GDs that aren't the above?

oh and on a side note, i posted this in gameplay & rankings but i realized that it wasnt the right place to post it
Okoratu
yeah, map a cool song and make a diff that seems acceptable to professional mappers and ask them lol
if ppl like the song they will likely map it lol
Topic Starter
Hawnta

Okoratu wrote:

yeah, map a cool song and make a diff that seems acceptable to professional mappers and ask them lol
if ppl like the song they will likely map it lol
The reason why I'm not doing that is because they most likely won't respond, because they're either already getting pelted with GD requests or they want me to just screw off.
Okoratu
if you want people to take interest in you, make yourself interesting. Befriend people. Socialize. Make cool maps.
Kibbleru
just try to ask them. no harm in trying.
if ur lucky maybe theyll accept q:

but keep in mind, if you do get their gd, do make an effort in ranking the map.
i hate it when i give ppl a gd and they dont rank it :(
J1NX1337
Ask mappers who like the type of music in question, and ask them if they like the song first.
If they do, feel free to ask if they'd be willing to make a GD for you.
PMing is usually the best way to handle this. I'd avoid queues on the forum if I were you.
Bara-
It's best to ask in-game, as you'll get a reply rather fast. I honestly don't care about the map's quality, if the song is cool, I'll accept the request, and I believe I'm not the only one who thinks that way
Seijiro

Bara- wrote:

It's best to ask in-game, as you'll get a reply rather fast. I honestly don't care about the map's quality, if the song is cool, I'll accept the request, and I believe I'm not the only one who thinks that way
Same