forum

Highlighted faqs from Bancho in public channels (read more)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Alright, so...
Yesterday I was just viewing the load of nonsense spoken in #osu and once I saw Nathanael using a faq like...

• chat...
    Nathanael: <user>
    Nathanael: !faq dna
    rest of the chat

This is just an example, I don't even remember the exact faq nor the user, but that's not the poin here.

What I realized is that sometimes it is hard to be noticed (as a moderator who tries to help with the faq).
What usually happens is that moderators just type in chat the faq yet you are not sure whether the user who needed to read it actually read it and what Nathanael did in that situation is a good "half-solution" to this.

Instead, what I thought here was to be able (referring to moderators) to type like "!faq dna <user>" and the next Bancho's lines will be highlighted for the user mentioned, this way you're sure the user actually got the message (it is up to him/her to read it tho)

The main reasons I suggest this is because I think it may help both users and moderators: new users or even just users who can't keep up with the crazy chat of #osu can receive the information/warning they needed and it may be a useful extra tool for moderators in general.

As I said in my other feature request regarding chat improvements, receiving a silence for something that could be avoided by paying a little more attention is silly and it also upsets you afterwards if you are that user.
I hope you get my point and its use, have a good day and let me know what you guys think about this. (sorry if this is a dupe, but I did search, maybe the words choosen were the wrong ones)
suffix
sounds good mate
Stefan
Instead, what I thought here was to be able (referring to moderators) to type like "!faq dna <user>" and the next Bancho's lines will be highlighted for the user mentioned, this way you're sure the user actually got the message (it is up to him/her to read it tho)
If I understood this correctly, you want that people getting highlighted because of a !faq command? That's literally solving nothing, then appearance of a moderator and the banchobot text (in fact that Bancho also got his own colour) should be attention enough that people notice what's going on. If a !faq use doesn't help the moderator should directly call their names to stop their misbehave.

The idea itself doesn't help anything - unless I understood it wrong.