forum

[invalid] Level Restricted Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Astaroth
bad idea
Nub1
I know that feel mate, but I think the exp system need to be fixed first since its pretty easy to gain level when you still in the low level (I mean, too easy) and should it be maximum level not minimum level?
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Yep. I want this approved.
For example:
1. Beatmaps that requires a specific number of pp points. (ahmmm....?)
2. Beatmaps that requires a specific level. (IWANTHIS)
3. Beatmaps that requires a specific award. :) (oh no.... I think this is... haha...)

Of course this rules are not enabled when offline. :)

Edit

Nub1 wrote:

and should it be maximum level not minimum level?
Ahmmmm... I think the level is limitless. XD
Bauxe
This is a terrible idea. The leaderboard is to show who the best is (at that specific map). Some people enjoy ranking on easy maps, this just takes away their chance to do that.

New players shouldn't care about high leaderboard ranks anyway.
Shohei Ohtani
A point that nobody else has brought up is that this literally doesn't work in a community-based mapping community

Let's say that staff made all of the maps in the game, they can intentionally set these levels. Mappers 99% of the time don't map a map intentionally to have it be a certain level, they map what they want and make a full set accordingly.
Seijiro
You're not really pro if you keep playing Easy diffs full mod (just saying)

The other thing I wanted to say is that soon or later you will gain levels no matter what (every single play (fail, retry, success) gets added to the total score), therefore you will end up in a situation where the feature you so much loved will be hindering your own fun, because it won't allow you to play those maps.
Bara-

Bauxe wrote:

This is a terrible idea. The leaderboard is to show who the best is (at that specific map). Some people enjoy ranking on easy maps, this just takes away their chance to do that.

New players shouldn't care about high leaderboard ranks anyway.

This
Dia_Haze
I don't entirely agree with this, I like seeing top players scores even though I'm still bad, it's a nice motivational boost to get better
Pituophis
no
Zafufu
I'll also have to disagree with the idea. As many said above, when you're new, being in the top 50 ranks is a fun idea, but most new players understand they need to practice more before reaching such heights, and won't have all their fun killed over it. They'll just keep playing and feel achieved when they can earn those ranks through effort in training. I also think this may also effect multiplayer experience. Nobody wants to play in a 10 player room where they need to find a beatmap that everyone can access. This would give Osu!'s player-driven community less freedom, and not give enough fun to make up for the loss it would bring. And let's say you take a break from Osu!, and come back with a different level of skill. You'll be stuck with whatever level of difficulty your account is on, and nobody would want to risk making a new one to fix that. And yes, I know you said it can be toggled, but that would bring confusion to new players on why some maps are playable and some aren't. The idea of new players being able to compete with each other on the leaderboard isn't a bad one, but a feature like this wouldn't be worth that luxury.

EDIT: I think the better way to go about new players a chance to compete with each other is just give the ranking list an optional level filter (like filtering country when looking at the list.)
abraker
Players can make friends with other players and have friend ranking if supporter. Take pride that you are better than your friends (or not).
Stefan
Very very sure this idea has been brought in an other request which talks about unlocking content by level - which has been either denied or having a huge disagree with this idea. Just let people play whatever they want.