forum

Notes (text) for beatmap [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
initiative
Here I wish to add a feature: notes for beatmap, i.e., user can write down his thoughts/ideas/comments for each beatmap for his own reviewing in-game.
Details could be something like this:
When user select a beatmap, he will be able to see the beatmap details, ranking etc, and besides these, in the middle of screen can display the notes he created for the beatmap. The user can modify the notes and save it locally or online (not sure whether this will give much extra pressure to the server). The notes can expand or collapse for convenience.

anyone agree with me?

--
Actually my original thought was add a 'user tag' for beatmap :D
Derekku
I really don't think this would be too useful. There's already notes on the beatmap listing online, and I don't think people would care about seeing stuff like that in-game. Actually, peppy has wanted to integrate an in-game browser, so I'm sure that stuff like this would be easier to see once that's eventually added.

Also, there's already a request for notes in the editor in addition to replay comments on maps.
Topic Starter
initiative
Thanks for the quick reply.

My idea is, some handy notepad in-game, for user's reviewing himself, not comments that writing to everyone.
The reason I have such a need is because:
1. When trying a long time not playing beatmap, I cannot recall what does it like; I wish I can see some notes like 'able with hardrock, rapidly pressing in the middle, annoying video' that I wrote in the past to have a brief idea
2. When challenging beatmaps, it would be nice to have 'can push harder' / 'possible SS' / 'too hard' etc (that was marked before) to have a clear target, instead of spending many hours to try all "seems have potential beatmaps"
3. When a beatmap has a few varieties with the same difficulty, currently the only way to tell the difference is by looking at the scores, but with a simple note like 'version A challenging 5 star, version B too difficult don't try' can save some time.
4. haven't come out yet :P

Anyway if it is not a common need ignore it then. I just like to sort and tag things (maybe even a slightly obsessive-compulsive disorder lol)
Derekku
In that case, this is slightly related to the local tags request.
Topic Starter
initiative
Well yes, it is a similar function but served for different purpose. Tag is a good way to sort and find beatmaps, but if we want to take down notes/comments then a plain text fits better as tags normally has small capacity (compare to a long description).
Ok I admit I only searched for 'notes' but forgot 'tags' :oops: If that one is unsolved I believe there's little chance for this :(
Kitsunemimi
Hmmm... I can't really see any other workarounds for this.

First of all, I doubt too many users will use this feature because although it is useful, not too many people will bother with writing some stuff down on a map just to remember what it's like, or review those notes before playing each map. Usually, when there's a tough or challenging beatmap I haven't beat yet, I can sort of remember why I didn't beat it yet, and if I didn't, I'll just play through it once and remember.

The only thing you can really do right now is have a .txt with all your notes in it, and refer to that if you want to refer to some strategies for tricky maps. Although, it's not that convenient... so...