forum

accuracy drops

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nadavv
a few days ago i had 98% overall acc and i was bored so i decided to ss some songs i did badly on when i started playing. anyawys i noticed with each song i improve to ss my accuracy dropped by around 0.03% the ss was the top score on that song i alredy lost a whole 1% to this why did that happen?
I Give Up
Your top pp scores have bad accuracy and pushed all your lower pp (but high acc) scores down. Top scores have greater accuracy weight so thats why your average accuracy dropped.
Topic Starter
nadavv

KukiMonster wrote:

Your top pp scores have bad accuracy and pushed all your lower pp (but high acc) scores down. Top scores have greater accuracy weight so thats why your average accuracy dropped.
i should have mentioned i got my crap top plays after that happened. which is why my acc is 96% now and not 97% but before it almost all my top scores were S/SS
Yuudachi-kun
Don't think. Push keys. Believe
chainpullz
Don't worry about acc too much, you can retry maps at your current skill level to farm up acc whenever. It's best to focus on learning all the basic skills and how to actually read maps before worrying about acc otherwise you'll effectively have to start over for each new skill you work to learn. Players like Jesus1412 and DJ Fuduji are still respected in the community even though their weighted acc is only ~95%.

In a sense, they are respected more so than a lot of players who have 98%+ acc because pp scales so heavily with acc above 95% compared to difficulty that you end up with low acc plays that should arguably be worth 400-500pp only giving 280-330pp instead. Of course this respect only applies because their scores are unique. Nobody cares if you are rank 50k shitter and passed a 6* map with sub 90% acc when there are multiple nomod SS's and numerous modded fc's.

TL;DR: focus on gitting gud first and then worry about silly numbers on your profile page. Don't play maps that are too easy or too hard for you and don't try to rush your way up the star rating ladder either.
Yuudachi-kun
I thought they weren't liked by the "hurr it's a rhythm game" crowd who like to conveniently ignore the aim and pattern aspect of std as well as the fact that high od + high acc is so rewarded.
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

I thought they weren't liked by the "hurr it's a rhythm game" crowd who like to conveniently ignore the aim and pattern aspect of std as well as the fact that high od + high acc is so rewarded.
I'm pretty sure that crowd chooses to conviently ignore these types of plays and pretend they don't exist.
Kunino Sagiri
If you're that bothered by it, you could do acc scumming. Get several one to x pp plays, you could do it easily.

The only issue is if you can maintain it.
Yolshka
Fucking 50k shitters.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

If you're that bothered by it, you could do acc scumming. Get several one to x pp plays, you could do it easily.

The only issue is if you can maintain it.
I like how people who can acc refer to it as scumming and something thatms easy to do/not worthy of the pp.
Synpoo
acc is pretty hard to maintain don't worry about it
I Give Up
I'm with the "this is tablet game" crowd :^)
Topic Starter
nadavv

chainpullz wrote:

Don't worry about acc too much, you can retry maps at your current skill level to farm up acc whenever. It's best to focus on learning all the basic skills and how to actually read maps before worrying about acc otherwise you'll effectively have to start over for each new skill you work to learn. Players like Jesus1412 and DJ Fuduji are still respected in the community even though their weighted acc is only ~95%.

In a sense, they are respected more so than a lot of players who have 98%+ acc because pp scales so heavily with acc above 95% compared to difficulty that you end up with low acc plays that should arguably be worth 400-500pp only giving 280-330pp instead. Of course this respect only applies because their scores are unique. Nobody cares if you are rank 50k shitter and passed a 6* map with sub 90% acc when there are multiple nomod SS's and numerous modded fc's.

TL;DR: focus on gitting gud first and then worry about silly numbers on your profile page. Don't play maps that are too easy or too hard for you and don't try to rush your way up the star rating ladder either.
yea but thats not what i meant. my mouse was being crappy so i took a break from maps my lvl and went to ss previous stuff and noticed it dropped when i improved my acc and when i got shitty acc it raised it
Sayorie

nadavv wrote:

yea but thats not what i meant. my mouse was being crappy so i took a break from maps my lvl and went to ss previous stuff and noticed it dropped when i improved my acc and when i got shitty acc it raised it
What kind of shenanigans is that? Could you do a spreadsheet or tally? There might be some factors that are so minuscule, that you can't predict how the changes to your accuracy actually work.
Yuudachi-kun
Acc is weighted so he could've pushed an even shittier acc score down
deletemyaccount
Shouldn't be difficult to maintain at least 98% acc since pp gainz correlate with accuracy anyways
Yuudachi-kun
I disagree
Synpoo
thats cuz u mash through high bpm maps
Yuudachi-kun

Synpoo wrote:

thats cuz u mash through high bpm maps
It's more aim and speed than you can do. The only things worth having trademark

Look at that high acc. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO RELY ON 96% SCORES YOU KNOW AND CAN'T GET THE OD BONUS
Topic Starter
nadavv
for example i just improved my accuracy in the song disconected from 92% (b rank) to a 94% (a rank) and my acc dropped by 0.03 what is this witchcraft??
Kunino Sagiri

nadavv wrote:

for example i just improved my accuracy in the song disconected from 92% (b rank) to a 94% (a rank) and my acc dropped by 0.03 what is this witchcraft??
It's being based to your overall accuracy, not your map accuracy.

So you could actually spam consecutive 99%s on a really easy map and intentionally get 100s to boost your overall acc; hence acc scumming.

Example:

1st score is 99.1 acc
2nd higher score on the same diff and map is 99.2 acc
3rd higher score on the same diff and map is 99.3 acc

they will all boost your acc
DeathHydra
Actually you don't need to care about overall acc that much. Even pro players like https://osu.ppy.sh/u/MinG3012 have low acc
Yuudachi-kun
High acc is certainly helpful, though.

I wouldn't call 6,000pp or near 1k pro but god damn he did that with 91% profile acc. He has both mendes and native faith which is nice.

SUPER STAR -MITSURU- - SA.YO.NA.RA. SUPER STAR [Another] +HD,DT (80.78%)
8 months ago
311pp
weighted 74% (229pp)

AT LEAST I HAD BETTER ACC THAN HIM ON THIS
DeathHydra
I said he's pro only because he played on OWC xD. The only quite low acc high rank player that I know is him and Fuduji (lower than my acc, which is quite low already for some people)
Yuudachi-kun
Jesus1412 is also quite good
DeathHydra

Khelly wrote:

Jesus1412 is also quite good
Right I forgot about jesse xD
Topic Starter
nadavv

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

nadavv wrote:

It's being based to your overall accuracy, not your map accuracy.

So you could actually spam consecutive 99%s on a really easy map and intentionally get 100s to boost your overall acc; hence acc scumming.

Example:

1st score is 99.1 acc
2nd higher score on the same diff and map is 99.2 acc
3rd higher score on the same diff and map is 99.3 acc

they will all boost your acc
see thats what i thought too at first but the reason i made this thread was becuase it kept happening after SSing easy songs (while they were around 98% at first)
Kunino Sagiri

nadavv wrote:

see thats what i thought too at first but the reason i made this thread was becuase it kept happening after SSing easy songs (while they were around 98% at first)
Do a map that weighs more but still very easy for you to SS that you can do intentional 100s on it. Do something harder.

Make sure you start at 4x100s going upwards to SS or 3x100s to SS whichever you like so you can maximize your accscumming.
Deva
Or simply learn to acc like some of us do??