forum

[invalid] Allow users to change CS

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Danshi_old_1
There is currently a suggestion allowing players to alter their AR which is a great idea
however i cannot get over the fact that being able to change your circle size would be amazing!
I love playing maps with a standard cs 4-5
Imagine HR with bigger circles but obviously same AR and diff.. HEAVEN pls..
Thoughts?
Okoratu
Mappers design difficulties to work well with the circle size they set, allowing everyone to change circle size however they please circumvents that.

You can even do that yourself if you want to:
Create a new diff in a set, call it differently but keep objects and modify the cs setting and there you go.
Bauxe
t/141204

This is as good as you'll get I'd imagine.
Gnoske
NO
it'd ruin mapping, mappers map so the map will fit the CS
Also, HR with low CS? No! The high CS with HR is a big part of what makes HR hard lol, that would ruin rankings AND pp.
sorry for being harsh
Seijiro
I don't really agree with some dumb settings someone who calls themselves "mappers" use, but yeah, what Okoratu and Gnoske said is correct
Bara-
Quite a lot of maps are made to work better with specific CSs, this would totally ruin it. Besides, it's a dupe so no further discussion is needed here ^_^
Topic Starter
Danshi_old_1

Okoratu wrote:

Mappers design difficulties to work well with the circle size they set, allowing everyone to change circle size however they please circumvents that.

You can even do that yourself if you want to:
Create a new diff in a set, call it differently but keep objects and modify the cs setting and there you go.
I know you can do that but that then makes the diff unranked :/
What the others said is quite right looking back on this suggestion it really would ruin the PP system
Irreversible
hehehehe

i'm against that, i always map my maps with a certain CS on purpose, would kinda destroy it.
Bara-
Then your extras will be too easy right, Irre?
abraker

Gnoske wrote:

NO
Also, HR with low CS? No! The high CS with HR is a big part of what makes HR hard lol, that would ruin rankings AND pp.
sorry for being harsh
I think the point is to replace the mod with an adjustable slider to choose CS not add the adjustable CS to the HR and EZ mods. We need a general thread asking for adjustable stuff since what I said ignores that those mods change AR and map orientation.
Gnoske

abraker wrote:

Gnoske wrote:

NO
sorry for being harsh
I think the point is to replace the mod with an adjustable slider to choose CS not add the adjustable CS to the HR and EZ mods. We need a general thread asking for adjustable stuff since what I said ignores that those mods change AR and map orientation.
t/141204
there is the thread you're looking for, I still claim it'd ruin mapping
abraker
On the regard of ruining mapping, kinda have to agree. Well in old maps, there was little ragard to the art aspect of mapping other than some shaped sliders. Now-a-days we see more intricately crafted patterns that wouldnt be the same under a different CS or AR. The visual aspect of the patterns is of much higher standard than it was back then
-Makishima S-
No.

There is a reason why ceratin players able to FC CS 6.5 deathstream / rabit jump maps are considered gods.
I don't see anything funny in bigger CS (as someone who complain in my room about great amount of maps being CS4 insteed of CS5 ;().
Stefan
Share more love for smaller circle sizes.