forum

[resolved] misleading description for General Discussion subforum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Railey2
"The place where you don't post crap." is not sufficient as a description, given how often people come in there and talk about osu-related topics, even though the rules explicitly prohibit that. Evidently, the description does a bad job at keeping the forum structured and clean.

Just change it to something like "The place where you don't post crap - only content not related to osu" or something like that, so we don't have misguided people posting there anymore.
Mahogany
I support this. osu-related content shows up more often in GD than in it's intended forum, GnR.
abraker
I agree. Maybe this, "The place where you don't post crap AND content related to osu"
Topic Starter
Railey2

abraker wrote:

I agree. Maybe this, "The place where you don't post crap AND content related to osu"
The place where you don't post crap OR content related to osu

seriously. People do not know what this subforum is for. 6/8 threads in this screenshot are directly related to osu. Looking at the whole page its probably more than 50% somehow about osu. If you look at newly made threads its even worse.
abraker
Maybe have the forum show a message saying "Just letting you know that this is a no osu! subforum. If you want to post a topic regarding osu! then go here" if the user includes the words "fingers", "mouse", "beatmap", "osu", "map", "mania", "ctb", "taiko", etc in the initial topic post
Yuudachi-kun
I don't support this because it means we can't laugh at the people who post there asking for advice.
abraker
Not amusing after the millionth and four hundred gazillionth time. There are better threads that made me choke on water than "hlp pls get me pp, k thx" threads.
XinCrin
misleading description for Development?.

It should be posted in Feature Requests
Flanster
Pretty much had my eyes on this for a while, I've been moving threads GD => G&R quite often lately.
I got some stuff planned (for both subforums), not sure how it will turn out.
Bara-
as if people will read it. They ignore stickies 99% of the time, I highly doubt it'll work
Rilene

Baraatje123 wrote:

as if people will read it. They ignore stickies 99% of the time, I highly doubt it'll work
At least this might reduce some percentages.
VeilStar
For 98.9% we shall go then!

Anyway, it's been changed. Marking this resolved.
Bara-
Nice change
Mahogany
Alright. Let's see if people actually read THIS, now.
Pawsu
Yeah it's right in front of you when you go into GD, I just kinda sit there and face palm when people make osu! related posts.
Mahogany
To be honest, I think if they're incapable of reading the forum rules before posting, I'm not sure if they'll be able to read this, but at least now there's even less of an excuse and the mods are more justified in quickly locking/moving appropriate threads
Stefan

Flanster wrote:

Pretty much had my eyes on this for a while, I've been moving threads GD => G&R quite often lately.
I got some stuff planned (for both subforums), not sure how it will turn out.
O babe, that sounds great. ❤❤❤xoxoxo