Porter Robinson - Sea of Voices

posted
Total Posts
18
show more
KittyAdventure

Nwolf wrote:

rip bg
Topic Starter
Joe Castle

KittyAdventure wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

rip bg
rip old bg :( since People said "it was kinda NSFW, AND it was a lake"
Topic Starter
Joe Castle
I'm still waiting :(
Renumi
kittyadventure is a qt
Luna Flina
other than some things i said to you somewhere else there are some few more stuffs

OD3 is for easy diffs, this should be 4.5 or 5
change the CS to 3.5 because DS (more infos below)

your use of SV is quite questionable. some of them aren't even necessary since they have the same velocity like 01:03:785 (4,5) or 01:07:535 (6,7,8)
and the SV change is so random that it doesn't flow with the song well. you need to change it so it matches with when the tune goes higher and lower, not with which tune is longer and which is shorter.
you should also match the SV equal with parts that sound the same. i.e 01:07:535 (6,7,8) and 01:22:535 (3,4,5). pay attention to these 2 things when you change SV.

and the kiai part. idk why you end it at 03:41:285 (4) because this doesn't seem logical at all. if you want to do that to re-trigger it at 03:45:035 (1) then it would be much better if you stop the kiai at 03:44:566 (7)

i have no comments for the NC at the first half cause i have no idea how to change it, but i also don't think your way of NCing is good enough. if i was you i would just NC 95% of them :v

also please change the volume. 100% also hurts my ears.
usually this is compulsory for maps lower than 3* but idk for calm songs. still, i think you don't use it at all so some notes ended up having unreasonable positions. this is really hard to play for starting players, not to include CS4 which is already hard to aim for them. you can start using DS like this: if you want to use 1.8x DS after a clap sound, then do it to all of other parts that are similar.
overall you have pretty cool ideas for this, but there are still some things to make it better:

put the red ticks according to the sliderticks. this is for both the sync and the visual. it's great if you can sync it according to the larger white bar in the upper part, but if this changes the sliders too much then you don't need to.

00:52:535 (1) - doesn't look that good. try using the S like in image material (if you don't know this slider then i have no words). or you can spin it vertically and try making it more symmetrical.

some slider have a C like shape, but they don't look circular at all. if your intention is not to make them like that then fine, but it's better to do so. using your eyes isn't reliable so try this: put a circle in the middle of the C shape then use its approach circle, like this
few sliders are fine without having to change it too, like 02:30:035 (1)
03:39:644 (3,4,1) - this part feels way too weird to play. i would just blame the music but it still has problems. like you missed a note at 03:40:816 , and 03:42:222 has no sounds.

i would fine more stuffs but i'm too sleepy now ~.~

glad that i dont have to mod an anime song cause i'd rather die than spending 30 mins to mod it
Topic Starter
Joe Castle

Luna Flina wrote:

other than some things i said to you somewhere else there are some few more stuffs

OD3 is for easy diffs, this should be 4.5 or 5
change the CS to 3.5 because DS (more infos below) Fixed! :o

your use of SV is quite questionable. some of them aren't even necessary since they have the same velocity like 01:03:785 (4,5) or 01:07:535 (6,7,8)
and the SV change is so random that it doesn't flow with the song well. you need to change it so it matches with when the tune goes higher and lower, not with which tune is longer and which is shorter.
you should also match the SV equal with parts that sound the same. i.e 01:07:535 (6,7,8) and 01:22:535 (3,4,5). pay attention to these 2 things when you change SV. Thats so true x.x changed the sv on most of them so it can flow in a similar speed/flow :o

and the kiai part. idk why you end it at 03:41:285 (4) because this doesn't seem logical at all. if you want to do that to re-trigger it at 03:45:035 (1) then it would be much better if you stop the kiai at 03:44:566 (7) Fixed!

i have no comments for the NC at the first half cause i have no idea how to change it, but i also don't think your way of NCing is good enough. if i was you i would just NC 95% of them :v i dont really know how to change it, since im following the vocals and the instruments, but maybe youre right. :o

also please change the volume. 100% also hurts my ears. Done! hope i did it correctly
usually this is compulsory for maps lower than 3* but idk for calm songs. still, i think you don't use it at all so some notes ended up having unreasonable positions. this is really hard to play for starting players, not to include CS4 which is already hard to aim for them. you can start using DS like this: if you want to use 1.8x DS after a clap sound, then do it to all of other parts that are similar. i dont really like using DS, since is too difficult for me, but i understand your point about having a better spacing between the objects, i tried my best, so lets see if it looks better :P
overall you have pretty cool ideas for this, but there are still some things to make it better:

put the red ticks according to the sliderticks. this is for both the sync and the visual. it's great if you can sync it according to the larger white bar in the upper part, but if this changes the sliders too much then you don't need to. Tried that in most of the sliders, but some of them are kinda the same just for personal preference? idk

00:52:535 (1) - doesn't look that good. try using the S like in image material (if you don't know this slider then i have no words). or you can spin it vertically and try making it more symmetrical. Changed the slider to other one that can flow better

some slider have a C like shape, but they don't look circular at all. if your intention is not to make them like that then fine, but it's better to do so. using your eyes isn't reliable so try this: put a circle in the middle of the C shape then use its approach circle, like this
few sliders are fine without having to change it too, like 02:30:035 (1) i think i changed this slider to another shape that fits better, but idk
03:39:644 (3,4,1) - this part feels way too weird to play. i would just blame the music but it still has problems. like you missed a note at 03:40:816 , and 03:42:222 has no sounds. Added a circle in 03:40:816, but in 03:42:222 its supposed to have no sound, since the song doesnt really have a sound there either

i would fine more stuffs but i'm too sleepy now ~.~

glad that i dont have to mod an anime song cause i'd rather die than spending 30 mins to mod it
thank you so much for modding my map, your mod helped a lot tho ;););)
pawpads

KittyAdventure wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

rip bg
hey ho lets go

They're incohesive. Things like 01:22:531 (1,2,3,4) -really don't have any visible logic to their object placement and could be improved tremendously by trying to form a shape or more obvious flouw. Things like the following make much more sense than haphazardly placing sliders onscreen and greatly increase the visual and playable quality of a map.

While these don't have to be perfect, using tools like CTRL+SHIFT+R (Quick Rotate) along with CTRL+G (reverse selection), CTRL+H/J (horizontal/vertical flip),
and CTRL+< and > (rotate 90deg counterclockwise / clockwise) all will help make your patterns look better and play better. Remember that the more predictable the shape, the easier it is to read, which is important at these low levels. Don't be afraid to copy/paste sliders for the sake of aesthetic!
Here is an image of the first few sliders you encounter in the Humanity diff, at 00:13:156 - :
In this case, the semicircle is the same slider, duplicated for ease of sight. Notice how the two have a totally different amount of spacing between them, even though they have an equal amount of time between them. This needs to be avoided as much as possible, since maintaining time-distance equality is what makes lower-level maps most playable for beginners. Either use a tool like Distance Snap (hotkey is y) or... welll, really, just use distance snap at this star rating and below. It's the best way to save a hassle!

Other things, like these circles at 03:28:156 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - :
Though they do look like they are all the same distance from each other at first glance, more experienced mappers can tell rather quickly that they are not. If you select any one of these circles and check the placement information at the top-right corner of the screen, you can see by reading the "NEXT: x" value that they are different distances away from the next object. (shown here.) Use DS to ensure all objects are placed equally apart, or you can use CTRL+SHIFT+F while selecting a slider to convert that slider into a stream that is perfect every time. The second option is definitely the better choice for placements like this.

These two points are the most major and should be dealt with throughout the entirety of the map. Keep in mind this might require you to scrap whole segments to correct them and improve its quality - that's part of the learning process and it makes you better at mapping in general, so if you have to do it, do it. Besides these two, there are a few more loose ends i'd like to address as well.

Some little things about sliders:
01:13:156 (4,1) - and 01:00:031 (3,4) - These slider bodies overlap each other in a way that is seriously hard to look at for more advanced mappers. If you can, do your best to avoid this sort of messy overlapping by either blanketing or some other kind of placement that prevents messy overlaps. To clarify, here are some more examples to demonstrate an overlap that is messy and an overlap that is clean.
The red patterns are messy and the blue patterns are clean:
(Partial crossover without reasoning)
(Approach circles make the straight slider awkwardly close the the head / tail ; notice the blue small slider is's centered around a slider tick with the borders carefully aligned)
(Blue blanketing prevents assymetricity and makes almost everything look as clean as possible)

slider shapes:
02:30:031 (1) - the end of this slider has a little 'bump' because the second-to-last white tick is too close to the end. Do your best to avoid this by either reversing the slider and working from the circular end to the start or by adjusting the circle using a circle blanket technique (a previous modder mentioned this as well.)

rhythm:
03:42:452 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this rhythm is much more difficult that the entire rest of the song. try using a slider or two to make it more logical or intuitive to play. Something like this would be more intuitive.

general corrections:
00:13:156 (2,3) - fix blanket
00:37:531 (1,2) - fix this blanket so it's more smooth
02:03:781 (2) - try to smooth out that 'bump' in the middle of the slider
02:15:031 (1) - incredibly awkward shape, doesn't fit with any previous shape

praises:
02:03:781 (2,1) - very good blanket!
03:05:757 - great heart shape!
Renumi
how the fukfk do you want someone to map an easy when like the start of your diff is completely just held sliders lmao the lowest and highest reasonable thing for an easy would be llike .50* cause then when the song picks up at the kiai it would be way too inconsistent
im not mapping a song with sliderart with repeats on every measure (that's boring and bad and hp wouldn't allow it) just cause your diff is naturally flawed xd
Topic Starter
Joe Castle

Renumi wrote:

how the fukfk do you want someone to map an easy when like the start of your diff is completely just held sliders lmao the lowest and highest reasonable thing for an easy would be llike .50* cause then when the song picks up at the kiai it would be way too inconsistent
im not mapping a song with sliderart with repeats on every measure (that's boring and bad and hp wouldn't allow it) just cause your diff is naturally flawed xd
*Takes deep breath*

K. First of all, you made a promise of doing a gd to my map, since you knew kittyadventure was a disaster with it.

Second part, 2 months waiting for the diff, in those 2 months, I started to ask for mods to see i could improve my diff (and I did, mostly) and also requested a StoryBoard for the song (that got accepted)

Third part, you sent me a message saying that you couldn't make the diff because "you weren't confident with your unique mapping style" but now you excuse yourself with saying "how TF I can map a easy diff of this song?" That's stupid.

*Breaths in ironically*

Boi, I told you to DO A DIFF THAT WAS A LITTLE BIT LESS THAT THE 2.20* OF MY MAP, didn't told you to make a easy diff

Also, is possible to make a easy diff, just take a look at "humanity"

In humanity there are some parts that have kind of a "big" spacing, that can be replaced with a less spacing (if it were a easier diff) also, there are circles parts that, in a easier diff, can be replaced with sliders or a easier placement of the circles following the tempo/beat/bpm (that is 64)

And before you say "but why saying this, if you can map it"? Because humanity took me 1 year of mapping and three remaps. That's why I decided to ask you a gd, because you're a more experienced mapper that can make gds/maps in a fast period of time... Or at least I though so

In short, ITS POSIBBLE TO MAKE A EASIER DIFF, you just don't mind to do it. Got it?
Topic Starter
Joe Castle

WhytFng wrote:

rip bg
rip bg :(

hey ho lets go

They're incohesive. Things like 01:22:531 (1,2,3,4) -really don't have any visible logic to their object placement and could be improved tremendously by trying to form a shape or more obvious flouw. Things like the following make much more sense than haphazardly placing sliders onscreen and greatly increase the visual and playable quality of a map.

While these don't have to be perfect, using tools like CTRL+SHIFT+R (Quick Rotate) along with CTRL+G (reverse selection), CTRL+H/J (horizontal/vertical flip),
and CTRL+< and > (rotate 90deg counterclockwise / clockwise) all will help make your patterns look better and play better. Remember that the more predictable the shape, the easier it is to read, which is important at these low levels. Don't be afraid to copy/paste sliders for the sake of aesthetic!
Here is an image of the first few sliders you encounter in the Humanity diff, at 00:13:156 - :
In this case, the semicircle is the same slider, duplicated for ease of sight. Notice how the two have a totally different amount of spacing between them, even though they have an equal amount of time between them. This needs to be avoided as much as possible, since maintaining time-distance equality is what makes lower-level maps most playable for beginners. Either use a tool like Distance Snap (hotkey is y) or... welll, really, just use distance snap at this star rating and below. It's the best way to save a hassle!

Other things, like these circles at 03:28:156 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - :
Though they do look like they are all the same distance from each other at first glance, more experienced mappers can tell rather quickly that they are not. If you select any one of these circles and check the placement information at the top-right corner of the screen, you can see by reading the "NEXT: x" value that they are different distances away from the next object. (shown here.) Use DS to ensure all objects are placed equally apart, or you can use CTRL+SHIFT+F while selecting a slider to convert that slider into a stream that is perfect every time. The second option is definitely the better choice for placements like this.

These two points are the most major and should be dealt with throughout the entirety of the map. Keep in mind this might require you to scrap whole segments to correct them and improve its quality - that's part of the learning process and it makes you better at mapping in general, so if you have to do it, do it. Besides these two, there are a few more loose ends i'd like to address as well.

Some little things about sliders:
01:13:156 (4,1) - and 01:00:031 (3,4) - These slider bodies overlap each other in a way that is seriously hard to look at for more advanced mappers. If you can, do your best to avoid this sort of messy overlapping by either blanketing or some other kind of placement that prevents messy overlaps. To clarify, here are some more examples to demonstrate an overlap that is messy and an overlap that is clean.
The red patterns are messy and the blue patterns are clean:
(Partial crossover without reasoning)
(Approach circles make the straight slider awkwardly close the the head / tail ; notice the blue small slider is's centered around a slider tick with the borders carefully aligned)
(Blue blanketing prevents assymetricity and makes almost everything look as clean as possible)

slider shapes:
02:30:031 (1) - the end of this slider has a little 'bump' because the second-to-last white tick is too close to the end. Do your best to avoid this by either reversing the slider and working from the circular end to the start or by adjusting the circle using a circle blanket technique (a previous modder mentioned this as well.)

rhythm:
03:42:452 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this rhythm is much more difficult that the entire rest of the song. try using a slider or two to make it more logical or intuitive to play. Something like this would be more intuitive.

general corrections:
00:13:156 (2,3) - fix blanket
00:37:531 (1,2) - fix this blanket so it's more smooth
02:03:781 (2) - try to smooth out that 'bump' in the middle of the slider
02:15:031 (1) - incredibly awkward shape, doesn't fit with any previous shape

praises:
02:03:781 (2,1) - very good blanket!
03:05:757 - great heart shape![/quote]


ALL FIXED! :):):)

made something like you recommended me in 03:41:281 (1,2,3) but 03:43:859 (4,5,6,7) will be the same because sliders here wouldnt look or feel good...

and thank you for the comment about my heart slider ;w; it took 2 hours to do
blizzardice
hi

01:18:781 (2,1) - it's a little hard to read for this star difficulty, and the way the 2nd slider is placed forces some jerky flow downward to be able to hit it (due to the curved end of the first slider, the flow goes more towards the middle of that 2nd slider)


01:30:031 (1,2) - nitpick, but it just looks messy with how the first slider overlaps the second slider (mostly because of how the second bend in the second slider just cuts through the first slider)

03:41:281 (1,2,3) - playing 03:42:452 (2) - is awkward, mostly due to no spacing when there is spacing between sliders throughout the diff and the notes don't "line up" like 03:39:406 (2,3) - , just bit of a nitpick though

03:58:156 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - this (also 03:43:859 (4,5,6,7) - and 04:13:156 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - to an extent) are major difficulty spikes considering a majority of the map was just hold sliders. consider lowering the spacing, trying to adjust to the bend at 03:58:859 (8) - might prove difficult for a ~2* player

04:15:031 (1,1) - it's really really hard to see the start and the path of the 2nd slider because the 1st slider just spills all over the 2nd slider

04:22:531 (1,1) - similar to ^ because you have to look back onto the slider to be able to see where the start of the 2nd slider is, you don't have to "look" backwards to read any other slider in the map if that makes sense

~

03:00:031 (1) - cute

nice slider art
Topic Starter
Joe Castle

blizzardice wrote:

hi

01:18:781 (2,1) - it's a little hard to read for this star difficulty, and the way the 2nd slider is placed forces some jerky flow downward to be able to hit it (due to the curved end of the first slider, the flow goes more towards the middle of that 2nd slider) Fixed


01:30:031 (1,2) - nitpick, but it just looks messy with how the first slider overlaps the second slider (mostly because of how the second bend in the second slider just cuts through the first slider) i cant really find a solution for it, and i think it goes well... so ill leave it like that for now...

03:41:281 (1,2,3) - playing 03:42:452 (2) - is awkward, mostly due to no spacing when there is spacing between sliders throughout the diff and the notes don't "line up" like 03:39:406 (2,3) - , just bit of a nitpick though moved 03:42:452 (2,3) a little bit up so it can line up a bit better, but im not going to change it, since adding more spacing in that part would not flow that well, but if more people says the same thing as you, ill change it :D

03:58:156 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - this (also 03:43:859 (4,5,6,7) - and 04:13:156 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - to an extent) are major difficulty spikes considering a majority of the map was just hold sliders. consider lowering the spacing, trying to adjust to the bend at 03:58:859 (8) - might prove difficult for a ~2* player Humanity is not intended to be just a normal difficulty (considering that humanity is the highest difficulty, since im looking for a easier gd),
the difficulty spikes are there to make it more challenging yet follow the drums, so... no changes here at the moment :S


04:15:031 (1,1) - it's really really hard to see the start and the path of the 2nd slider because the 1st slider just spills all over the 2nd slider Fixed

04:22:531 (1,1) - similar to ^ because you have to look back onto the slider to be able to see where the start of the 2nd slider is, you don't have to "look" backwards to read any other slider in the map if that makes sense Fixed

~

03:00:031 (1) - cute Thanks for the comment ;w; it really means a lot man

nice slider art thanks!
Topic Starter
Joe Castle
quick message saying that this is going to be on graveyard for a while until i get the SB and the GD uwu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply