forum

Make it possible to save multiple replays. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
g0b
So I'm a frequent player of osu! and I recently just started saving my replays of maps I like. Mainreason why I do this is because I study them later on because I want to improve, I wanna see what I did wrong and try to replay the scenario in my head, if I played it like I normally play maps or if I did something else. Well, I'm not gonna go on about some lifestory here or anything, so let me get to the point;

I noticed how you can't save 2 replays from the same day, the second overwrites the first one. However, there's a possibility to save one from the 24th and the 25th without having them mix up and replace (because there is no timestamp in the filename, but since the dates are different, voilá). At first I thought it was a server problem (taking up too much space), so when you saved the second replay it would automatically overwrite the first replay on the osu! server as well. This was however, not the case. I moved the first replay to my desktop and saved a second one; both of which I could still see the replay when I dragged them into my osu! client. I then proceeded to >copy< them both to my desktop, keeping them both still in the original "replays"-folder. I recorded a third one, it overwrote the second one (because the date was the same), but the first was all the same.

Basically, what I'm requesting is a possibility to save more than just one replay of the same map in a day. And this can be solved by adding a timestamp to the filename.
peppy
Is this when you export using F2?
Lybydose
When you finish a map, look in the upper right and check the "Save local replay box"

It will save this setting for every map you play after this.

Then on the map selection screen, click this icon, found right above the scoreboard:

This switches to the local scoreboard (if you see a globe, you're already on the local scoreboard). You can then click each individual score to view the replay from that play.
Topic Starter
g0b
Yep, when using f2.

Actually wait, you know what, I'm being retarded, I just realized what I was really going for and what just really happened here.

I'm just gonna..walk away.......and pretend this never happened. But thanks guys!
Derekku
If one can save multiple local replays, then it seems strange that it's not possible to export multiple replays using f2 as well.

I guess this could go either way as a bug or feature request (since the filename just needs a timestamp), so I'll just leave this here.
storm704
I would totally support this if it was "auto save multiplayer replays" like the local ones. I can never seem to remind myself to save the replay after i finish...