forum

Need some help with choosing a tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6051155
Hello,

So i've decided to save up some money for a tablet. I heard that these two tablets are really good, which one would you recommend? And if you have other tablets that you recommend, please let me know.

Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet (CTL471)
Wacom Intuos P&T S (CTH-480M-N)

Thanks!

~ Gregory
Pituophis
I have the Intuos CTL 480. I think it's nice.
I don't know why you'd get the CTH 480, unless you're planning to use the touch feature for something.
I don't know anything about Bamboo tablets.
Kazutora
Huion TF 680 is very good seeing as you will only be using it for Osu!

Pros: Big Area (8x6 inches)
Easy to use Drivers

Cons:

Have to download drivers from the Huion site for it to work correctly (WHICH IS VERY SIMPLE)

Less Options in the drivers but if you just using it for Osu! it wont matter as much.

Other wise: CTL 480 or CTL 470 is the way to go c: all are good choices.
Sayorie
CTH/(L)-480 is the most popular choice, and there's a reason for that.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6051155
Thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it. I've also heard that there is a Manga version of the CTL 480, what is the difference?
Sayorie

JustGregory wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it. I've also heard that there is a Manga version of the CTL 480, what is the difference?
That's the one which I bought, because that was the only stock there was at the shop where I bought mine from. Basically, you get a free full version license of Clip Studio/Manga Studio 5 with the tablet. I draw a lot so it was quite worth it.
Basically MS5 is an overloaded version of PaintToolSAI with a better brush engine, better memory management, etc. I'd choose MS5 over SAI at any time.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6051155
Since you cant get one of these here in The Netherlands, I need to order one online. Do you have any suggestions? what about this?

http://www.amazon.it/Wacom-CTH-480M-S-I ... B00ECWE8W8
Asda Meal Deal
Imo if youre only using a tablet for osu, you should get the huion 420 (osu tablet)

Seems pointless to get expensive tab if only for osu
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6051155
Hmm you have a point there... But there also a big difference in quality between these two, right?
Asda Meal Deal
They are both good tablets :) i use the osu tablet and it works fine for me
Pituophis
with the 480, you do have more active area size options. If you think you'd just use small areas, the 420 is good.
Sayorie

JustGregory wrote:

Hmm you have a point there... But there also a big difference in quality between these two, right?
Both are great. Just take note that Huion tablet pens are relatively heavier because of the batteries and other stuff, compared to wacom's which are completely powerless and thus making it really light and easy to manage.
Vexx

Arthraxium wrote:

JustGregory wrote:

Both are great. Just take note that Huion tablet pens are relatively heavier because of the batteries and other stuff, compared to wacom's which are completely powerless and thus making it really light and easy to manage.
I have a Huion 580 (breaking on me, gonna get a 480 soon) and I totally agree with this. The pen is much heavier than other tablets I've used, because of the AAA battery inside. This can get annoying if you hover (not a problem for me because I drag), because holding a heavier stylus above the tablet can get tiring when you do a 4.5+ minute song :3