forum

[Archived] Performance points per play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stark
hello, im farming SS's on low star maps and im getting +1 pp per 10 SS's, can someone explain to me why? or how do this works

thanks
weihe123
Lower difficulty maps give lower PP, if you're trying to farm off 1-2 stars, good luck trying to get 50 in one session :p That's the basic gist of it. Factoring in how many people have played it may increase pp amount, but I'm not too sure.
Topic Starter
Stark

weihe123 wrote:

Lower difficulty maps give lower PP, if you're trying to farm off 1-2 stars, good luck trying to get 50 in one session :p That's the basic gist of it. Factoring in how many people have played it may increase pp amount, but I'm not too sure.
thats not what im asking, those maps cant give me PP because they give like 10-20 pp for play, and the #100 weighted PP score that i have is like 150... but still im getting +1 pp for every 10 SS's on those low stars maps
abraker
See this: p/4184611
Sayorie

Da Vinci wrote:

weihe123 wrote:

thats not what im asking, those maps cant give me PP because they give like 10-20 pp for play, and the #100 weighted PP score that i have is like 150... but still im getting +1 pp for every 10 SS's on those low stars maps
I'm not exactly sure how that works, too, but hey—at least you're getting pp on maps you thought you're not supposed to be getting.
[ ][ ][ ]_old_1
The more stars you play the more pp you will get. If you use mods on high star beatmaps you will sure earn a lot more pp. Generally pp determines the weight and star ranking of the map including mods =~= but idk much more than that
Mahogany
You necroed this thread to answer a question that wasn't even asked, even admitting to not knowing much about it yourself. wtf?

For the correct explanation, see abraker's post. You get a small amount of "bonus pp" based on how many ranked scores you have, even if the maps themselves are worth nothing for you.