forum

Laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meyer5057
Which laptop should I get for gaming? Won't be using it for heavy gaming like BF4 and CoD. Would use it for CSGO/TF2/Osu.
I would like to add that it should be a budget laptop.
FrzR
get a pc

You should be fine with this. Click here for Amazon link
fat pear
get a macbook it doesnt getany viruses huh uhuhuahuhuhuhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhu
Vuelo Eluko
DISCLAIMER: you honestly do not need this if you JUST want to play tf2/csgo/osu, and know for sure that isn't going to change. However, if you only get something that can play those games well, you will be paying just a little bit less for a MASSIVELY less powerful machine.

Anyway...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834298770

Nothing special really until you notice it has a gtx 960m, which is far more powerful than any other laptop in this price range that all use x50m or even x40m gpu's, the i5-6300q is no slouch either. it will chug through all the games you listed easily.

They manage to sell this kind of hardware so cheap because they cut corners in clever ways; the touchpad and speakers are crap, because they know most gamers use headphones and noone uses a touchpad. They also don't have the brand power in the 'gaming laptop' category some companies like alienware use to overcharge for their hardware. All these savings get passed on to you and enable you to get something with guts like these for $800.

This thing already has enough horsepower on tap to run battlefield 4 1920x1080 Ultra Preset AA:4x MS @ over 30 fps.. but the point of buying this is to be more future proof, if any game comes out later that you want to play on your laptop, you aren't going to be able to if you just get a mobile moba machine; regardless of how you tweak the settings.

it may not be 'budget' but it's definitely an insane value and you should grab it if you can afford it, any other equivalent to this is like.. $1200 or more..

edit: also the battery life is crazy good.
edit2: it's loaded with heatsinks so the fans dont even kick on if you're just doing simple tasks.
Kitsunemimi

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Anyway...

Nothing special really until you notice it has a gtx 960m, which is far more powerful than any other laptop in this price range that all use x50m or even x40m gpu's, the i5-6300q is no slouch either. it will chug through all the games you listed easily. .
Holy crap lol
Wow it's been a while since I've seen that kind of hardware at that price range.

+1 10/10 would recommend again

EDIT: Realistically speaking though, if for some reason you can't even spend that much, then anything with a 940M should be able to handle CSGO at 1080p at just over 60 FPS [source]. If you're good at optimization you should be able to get better results than all the ones from that site. Lower resolutions can net you more FPS.
Basically every laptop manufacturer now is moving towards portability and battery life now though, and consequently price-per-performance is literally skyrocketing, so you'd probably be hard-pressed to find any decent deals for under $800. If possible I would definitely go with xxjesus1412fanx's suggestion.
FuZ
laptop
gaming

choose one
Yoeri
Do you just want your house to catch on fire
Vuelo Eluko

Kitsunemimi wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Anyway...

Nothing special really until you notice it has a gtx 960m, which is far more powerful than any other laptop in this price range that all use x50m or even x40m gpu's, the i5-6300q is no slouch either. it will chug through all the games you listed easily. .
Holy crap lol
Wow it's been a while since I've seen that kind of hardware at that price range.

+1 10/10 would recommend again

EDIT: Realistically speaking though, if for some reason you can't even spend that much, then anything with a 940M should be able to handle CSGO at 1080p at just over 60 FPS [source]. If you're good at optimization you should be able to get better results than all the ones from that site. Lower resolutions can net you more FPS.
Basically every laptop manufacturer now is moving towards portability and battery life now though, and consequently price-per-performance is literally skyrocketing, so you'd probably be hard-pressed to find any decent deals for under $800. If possible I would definitely go with xxjesus1412fanx's suggestion.
aaand its sold out
fuck me
might still be up somewhere else though
abraker
If I would be looking for a laptop right now, it would be one with at least 16gb ram. The bloatware is strong with this one, especially when osu! reaches 1.2gb ram usage because why not? >.>

SPOILER

I have 98 tabs in firefox open btw. Less than 20 are loaded though.
Kawakami Mai
Just buy Hi-End PC :) You will not regret it
mokyu
󠀡
balldoowell
Buy a Nintedo DS. Its cheaper and you can still play osu! on it