forum

Switch direction of "Circle Size" slidebar in Song Setup [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
yongtw123
I've tried to search for corresponding topics but there seems none.

Currently, the "Circle Size" slidebar in Song Setup is Largest(left)<--->Smallest(Right).
I think this may cause a little confusion when modding, such as "Increase Circle Size by 1".

For Overall Difficulty, Approach Rate, Drain Rate, "increasing" is straighforward, as it means "slide to the right".
But for Circle Size, "increasing" is "slide to the left".
If the modder means "make the circles larger", the word "increase" takes a descriptive meaning; if the modder simply means "increase the slidebar as in 'slide to the right'", the word "increase" isn't wrong either.

I know this may be a trivial thing, but maybe switching the direction of the slidebar to Smallest(left)<--->Largest(Right) will clarify it.

My apologies if caused any inconveniences.
James2250
I have thought about this while modding sometimes (that's why I normally say make the circles bigger to avoid confusion)

But everything on the song setup gets more difficult as it goes to the right, it would be odd to change the direction of it (and I think it would cause more confusion in general as all of the routine modders/mappers are used to it)

As long as modders make themselves clear (and don't say "increase circle size" as simply as that) it should be fine so no support

EDIT: a few seconds before you there :P
RandomJibberish
It's like it is becuase all of the siders go from Easiest > Hardest, which makes more sense IMO

EDIT:ooooh Ninja'd
Derekku
It would be slightly ambiguous either way for circle size. However, since all of the settings currently go from easiest to hardest, it would make the most sense to keep it that way.
Galkan
Usually I say "Increase/Decrease Circle Size Rate" to avoid confusion, tbh.
RandomJibberish

Galkan92 wrote:

Usually I say "Increase/Decrease Circle Size Rate" to avoid confusion, tbh.
that makes even less sense