forum

Dzeko & Torres - 2015 in 10 minutes

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sieg
tbh, I also came with that sc source, but w\e it wont take much time to lowercase, hope you guys can make some kind of agreement :3
Mekki
Does that even matter? I mean, it is just a capitalization question, no one sees/care about that and also doesn't change nothing while searching the map. Honestly, this one being right/wrong I don't see a reason to disqualify just because of that. The important things about the title is there, this is what should matter.
Topic Starter
Aleks719
i've send a tweet to them, let's see what they reply.
IamKwaN

MkGuh wrote:

Does that even matter? I mean, it is just a capitalization question, no one sees/care about that and also doesn't change nothing while searching the map. Honestly, this one being right/wrong I don't see a reason to disqualify just because of that. The important things about the title is there, this is what should matter.
Frankly speaking, it does matter. If we let this slip through, I really do not know what people start to put in their title and artist from now on and from the viewpoint of the QAT, how to judge what is minor and what is not, leading the limit being pushed far and even further away. Eventually, everything returns to the metadata standard several years ago.

Aleks719 wrote:

i've send a tweet to them, let's see what they reply.
If you mean the artist, sure. There are still 4-5 days the map being ranked.
IamKwaN
Sorry for double post, any reply from the artist?
IamKwaN
Sorry, I guess I have to disqualify this until a response from the mapper or confirmation from the artist is heard.

Please let me know if you want to change the title or wait for artist's confirmation, sorry for any convenience.
Topic Starter
Aleks719

IamKwaN wrote:

Sorry, I guess I have to disqualify this until a response from the mapper or confirmation from the artist is heard.

Please let me know if you want to change the title or wait for artist's confirmation, sorry for any convenience.

I do not take your apologizes.
You had no right to do this, since you haven't proved i'm wrong.
All you have are guesses without any real source.

You put your opinion higher than opinion of mapper and 3 nominators without proof, i don't think your action is right.

p.s. unite your triplepost, it looks awful.
IamKwaN
Take a look at Starrokirby's screenshot, that is the proof. Download link sourced from the Artist is valid official reference. Unfortunately, metadata is a matter of facts instead of opinion, and triplepost is necessary for my question and icon post, because it construes a timeline.
Stefan
Since Starrodkirby post, I think in this case a direct download's "metadata" should apply here. I don't know what could be more official than that. If Dzeko & Torres do not really use anything but Facebook to share their content, this is the most official source we should follow.

And at all: it's about a single letter. Any QAT which disqualifies the map can instantly re-qualify the map. Metadata cases doesn't require new bubbles.
Topic Starter
Aleks719
Carefully read Starrodkirby post:

the name does seem like
He only made a guess, it doesn't prove anything. Just a guess: you can agree with it, you can not agree with it. If file's name would be "Various artists - Track 1", does it mean it's a metadata? c'mon.

Uploaded file's name is not a source.
I remember many topics where QAT don't count file's name as a source since it's not "printed" or "mentioned" anywhere.

I don't care Stefan, problem is another: Kwan disqualified map without a proof.
Mekki
Why dont you guys just put it like all the other versions and done.
IamKwaN
the name does seem like
The name IS 2015 in 10 Minutes, download yourself to check.

He only made a guess, it doesn't prove anything. Just a guess: you can agree with it, you can not agree with it.
I have proved it.

If file's name would be "Various artists - Track 1", does it mean it's a metadata? c'mon.
Yes, if there is nowhere we could find the metadata. Look at this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/429454 .

I remember many topics where QAT don't count file's name as a source since it's not "printed" or "mentioned" anywhere.
Link them.

I refuse to repeat.
Topic Starter
Aleks719

IamKwaN wrote:

the name does seem like
The name IS 2015 in 10 Minutes, download yourself to check.
uploaded file is not a source. that's it.

He only made a guess, it doesn't prove anything. Just a guess: you can agree with it, you can not agree with it.
I have proved it.
nope.

If file's name would be "Various artists - Track 1", does it mean it's a metadata? c'mon.
Yes, if there is nowhere we could find the metadata. Look at this: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/429454 .
as you said before we don't compare map, each case is different.

Link them.
dig old maps with date of approval 2-3 years ago, if you have nothing else to do

I refuse to repeat.
as i told, i don't accept name of uploaded file as an official source. that's all you have and it's very very weak line of your attack on capitalized letter.
IamKwaN
Change it to 2015 in 10 minutes then.

https://www.hive.co/downloads/download/ ... spotlight/
Topic Starter
Aleks719

IamKwaN wrote:

Change it to 2015 in 10 minutes then.
https://www.hive.co/downloads/download/ ... spotlight/
File sharing service with slogan "Build, engage, and monetize your online audience"? Man, are you joking?
Also you mentioned before FB post and "Minutes" word there was capitalized. Question was about "In" only, since "Minutes" word had been used officially and can be taken as a source particularly.
IamKwaN
https://www.facebook.com/dzekoandtorres ... 22R9%22%7D
Click the download link they linked, I feel really tired explaining. I have said either 2015 in 10 Minutes or 2015 in 10 minutes is acceptable.

I have absolutely no idea why you mention "taken as a source particularly". There is no such concept as particular source of metadata. Have you ever thought of the consequences behind if we adopt this?
Loctav
What's your source of metadata then, Aleks?
Also their facebook page is a valid source. Stick to that. Or don't get it ranked.
Topic Starter
Aleks719

Loctav wrote:

What's your source of metadata then, Aleks?
Also their facebook page is a valid source. Stick to that. Or don't get it ranked.
okay, let's start from you.
Track doesn't have a sorrce, sad to see you don't bother to read both sides.
opposite side presents 2 kinds of "source":
name of uploaded file and name of file on file sharing service. Fun fuct: they are no the same, when they have to be same, but you accept both variants, okaaaaaaay.

THAT'S IT. FB page can't be counted as a sourse because it doesn't have full name of track (page two, discussion with Kirby).

My source is not valid for closing all questions as well as presented to me "sources", that's why i'm talking here.

@Kwan, read lines above about fb page.

Have you ever thought of the consequences behind if we adopt this?
Yeah, perfectly. It's valid only for tracks without proved source. With FB page i can only say the name is "2015 (?)n 10 Minutes". and it's better than you give. In addition, osu is not sensitive to capitalizing. Searching engine doesn't work with2-letter words.
Loctav
Do you change it now? If not, I'll just nuke this.

Her source is the closest from being valid, you have nothing. So yeh, empty-handed vs at-least-something. I think you lost this argument.

EDIT: FB page is valid if the FB page is the page of the actual artist. File sharing page is valid, if the file sharing page is the page used by the artist. They use two different variants? Both are valid, because both come from the artist self. Your variation, however, appears nowhere.
quiz-chan_DELETED
you guys are pathetic

especially you, loctav. nuking a map, just because -- and read through it twice -- there is an uncapitalized letter in the song title.
if anything, this should just be unranked/unapproved.

also, if the D&T's facebook page is verified, just take the name from that source, what is the big fucking problem here omg

besides, it should be noted, there are an array of ranked 20xx in 10 minutes maps on this forum, and they have all been mapped by aleks. I would have a hard time believing that D&T would deviate from their previous compilations' titles like that. If anything, those maps should have been unranked too. nobody pointed all this out to be an issue in the past, so why make a big deal like this now?

There is no official source whatever -- so just quit it. Just keep things as they are now, for the sake of consistency.
Topic Starter
Aleks719
Thanks, Lizzy. I don't care anymore. If i need to step on my own throat for sending map to people who would like to play it, then okay.
Enjoy new name, hope you feel much better.
Vass_Bass
Exuse me, why there's another map 2015 in 10 Minutes with big "M" in it and there's no unrank? no offical name, no metadata and only one persoon just decided to unrank it? it does'n even matter in searching
it's really wrong. even you unrank it, you really need to fix another version of map
(also 2013 and 2014 has different names with I and i in it) so where's the truth?
Nozhomi

Vass_Bass wrote:

Exuse me, why there's another map 2015 in 10 Minutes with big "M" in it and there's no unrank? no offical name, no metadata and only one persoon just decided to unrank it? it does'n even matter in searching
it's really wrong. even you unrank it, you really need to fix another version of map
(also 2013 and 2014 has different names with I and i in it) so where's the truth?
You can't trust older maps, simply because metadata wasn't checked as much than now, same maps who share same song/artist.
IamKwaN

Vass_Bass wrote:

(also 2013 and 2014 has different names with M and m in it) so where's the truth?
2015 in 10 Minutes is correct, would you mind reading what we have gone so far before commenting?
2 years ago, there was no standard regarding metadata at all, time flies and things change.

Lizzy wrote:

also, if the D&T's facebook page is verified, just take the name from that source, what is the big fucking problem here omg
I hope everyone has similar thinking like yours.

Lizzy wrote:

besides, it should be noted, there are an array of ranked 20xx in 10 minutes maps on this forum, and they have all been mapped by aleks. I would have a hard time believing that D&T would deviate from their previous compilations' titles like that. If anything, those maps should have been unranked too. nobody pointed all this out to be an issue in the past, so why make a big deal like this now?
Read what I reply to Vass_Bass.

And have your flame back.
Namki
owo
Shmiklak
Согласен с намки
Ambrew
Is all of this bickering really hinging upon a simple capitalization issue? Really easy English grammar... every word in a title is capitalized except if it's a preposition or an article.. 2015 in 15 Minutes should suffice.
Maybe a simple [google:1337]Google[/google:1337] search will tell you literally every result contains the same capitalization pattern? I mean, really? Where is the error/illegitimacy in that? Seriously?
Vass_Bass

Nozhomi wrote:

Vass_Bass wrote:

You can't trust older maps, simply because metadata wasn't checked as much than now, same maps who share same song/artist.
I mean tracks on their channel, not maps
Myxo

theReaL_Gatorix wrote:

Is all of this bickering really hinging upon a simple capitalization issue? Really easy English grammar... every word in a title is capitalized except if it's a preposition or an article.. 2015 in 15 Minutes should suffice.
Maybe a simple [google:1337]Google[/google:1337] search will tell you literally every result contains the same capitalization pattern? I mean, really? Where is the error/illegitimacy in that? Seriously?
Metadata in osu! doesn't work that way. You need to use the official metadata provided by the artist.