forum

What about this mechanical keyboard??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Indeketsu
What about the Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX Red switches?? Is good for play osu! and for typing??
ZenithPhantasm
Mechs are definitely a step up from membranes but all mechanical keyboards are bad compared to optical switch keyboards
nrl

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

all mechanical keyboards are bad compared to optical switch keyboards
Why?
ZenithPhantasm
Lack of metal contacts means there is no switch bouncing, no contact to wear out, no slight changes in friction from the contact, and a much higher life expectation. I also hear there's a way to adjust the actuation point on flaretech's switches.
FrzR
9/10 its ok
Raniemi

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Lack of metal contacts means there is no switch bouncing, no contact to wear out, no slight changes in friction from the contact, and a much higher life expectation. I also hear there's a way to adjust the actuation point on flaretech's switches.
Have you ever tried one vs a mech keyboard in osu?
ZenithPhantasm

Raniemi wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I will when I get my hands on one. They're not exactly easy to buy. I could get the Bloody BB740A but I dont want to because it looks stupid and gaudy looking. I'll wait until Flaretech keyboards are available or when A4Tech decides to sell the Bloody B700A in US.
otoed1

Yosumin wrote:

Have you been hired by A4TECH?

I'm going to make this a meme or die trying...
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

Yosumin wrote:

Have you been hired by A4TECH?

I'm going to make this a meme or die trying...
Fuck that fuck you
chainpullz

Raniemi wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

No, he just likes to repeat things he reads on the interwebs. If one believed everything razer told them then razer products would seem amazing too.
ZenithPhantasm
Optical switches have less parts to break and a completely pure signal free of noise. This means more reliability over time and no post processing needed to clean up the signal.

Mechanical switch signal bounce; noisy signal, degrades as the physical condition of the contact deteriorates
http://puu.sh/mJzVX/b4ed35b4d7.png

Optical switch signal no bounce; clean robust signal, doesn't degrade with use
http://puu.sh/mJzUy/c8395a9ea6.png
Edit: No clue why the pictures aren't loading lol
otoed1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fuck that fuck you
:O I didn't expect that response.
Saphirshroom
Optical Mouse > Ball Sensor Mouse, therefore Optical Switch > Mech Keyboards
ZenithPhantasm

Saphirshroom wrote:

Optical Mouse > Ball Sensor Mouse, therefore Optical Switch > Mech Keyboards
Exactly.

Jk its more like comparing cable internet and fiber internet
shortpotato
[ ] Fix brain

dont believe him guis his brain is broken!!!

razer kb is best !!!1111
ZenithPhantasm
:'(
Kafein_old_1

tonystarks2 wrote:

What about the Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX Red switches?? Is good for play osu! and for typing??
This is the kb I'm currently using. 10/10 couldn't ask for more.
nrl

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

less parts to break
Except, you know, the laser and the sensor, which are both more complex and more fragile than anything in a mechanical keyswitch. And while it's true that you don't need to account for contact bouncing, you still need some amount of "post-processing" to convert the optical signal into an electrical one. It may be an order of magnitude smaller, but the impact of contact bouncing is already so small as to be irrelevant at multi-millisecond timescales.

Membrane to mech is a noticeable difference. Mech to optical would barely be quantifiable.
ZenithPhantasm

Narrill wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

less parts to break
Except, you know, the laser and the sensor, which are both more complex and more fragile than anything in a mechanical keyswitch. And while it's true that you don't need to account for contact bouncing, you still need some amount of "post-processing" to convert the optical signal into an electrical one. It may be an order of magnitude smaller, but the impact of contact bouncing is already so small as to be irrelevant at multi-millisecond timescales.

Membrane to mech is a noticeable difference. Mech to optical would barely be quantifiable.
Most highend mechs take 5ms to debounce (with Kailh switches taking alot more). Optical take less than 1ms to convert it into a digital signal. In an optical switch there's no contacts to break so its actually less complex than the mech.

Mech: Electronics->Switch housing+spring->Contact
Optical: Electronics->Switch housing+spring
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

less parts to break

<insert-Narrill-is-right-meme-here>
I Give Up
Optical keyboard is unnecessary for osu.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Optical keyboard is unnecessary for osu.
You can play osu without sound but you can't play it without AIM
show more