forum

Posting a beatmap prematurely

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpacemanSpiff
Are we permissed to prematurely post a beatmap if we are working on it and want some help? I've been working on my first beatmap and want to get some advice on my hard version of the song before I even look at the normal (I find Hard easier because you can follow the beat more precisely). It would be silly to do all of both and then be told that I made a grave mistake.
Glass
Yes you can.
Weez
Yep, just keep it a work in progress
Topic Starter
SpacemanSpiff

Glass wrote:

Yes you can.
Awesome. I guess I have a few other questions but I'd rather keep it in this thread.

1. If I resubmit the map later, it just updates the current one in the database, correct?

2. I should post in the Board Index >> Beatmaps >> Works in Progress, I'm guessing? I recall some earlier posts and what not about newer beatmappers, but I didn't see it when I looked the other day.
Glass

mrmike503 wrote:

Glass wrote:

Yes you can.
Awesome. I guess I have a few other questions but I'd rather keep it in this thread.

1. If I resubmit the map later, it just updates the current one in the database, correct?

2. I should post in the Board Index >> Beatmaps >> Works in Progress, I'm guessing? I recall some earlier posts and what not about newer beatmappers, but I didn't see it when I looked the other day.
1. Yeah all you have to do to update your map is go into the editor and submit the song normally. Unless you changed the artist or the title of the song, in which case you'll have to do a full submission.

2. You can upload it wherever you want even though it's not finished, just make sure to throw it over to the Pending section when it IS finished since most modders only mod maps in the Pending section. As for that post, I'm not really sure what you're talking about exactly.
Hijiri Tezuka

mrmike503 wrote:

Glass wrote:

Yes you can.

1)It does

2) When you upload it from Osu!, check the circle that reads "Work in Progress/Help" to post it in WiP.
Topic Starter
SpacemanSpiff
Thank you both!