forum

Disable Pointer Wrap [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
I think that the pointer wrap could be used to cheat in this way. In osu!, you can still use the Pointer Wrap which is on the programming of certain mice and can be turned on and off at will. Pointer wrap is where when you move a mouse against the edge of the screen, it goes to the opposite edge. I use a *RocketFish Wireless 2.4G Laser Mouse. In the mouse settings, there is an option to enable pointer wrap. Perhaps you could make this disabled when osu! is fullscreen so that people don't use it to an unfair advantage.

Proof:
*This is a mouse which has its own driver and settings, which one of those is the Pointer Wrap.
qlum
I don't think its really cheating since coordinating a pointer that appeared at the other side of the screen is in most cases just as hard or harder than moving it. I think you can even cheat more with the triple click button on my mouse I sometimes use it for 3 beats in a row and if the bpm is right it hits them all 3 with a 300.
blissfulyoshi
All this thing really does is give you another way to get to a note. This way might be a little faster, but seriously how much of an advantage would this give you. People can already increase mouse speed, shrink the size of the screen, or even wield 2 tablet pens to get to a note faster. What is the difference in advantages between pointer wrap and these other methods?

Unless there is some real advantage, no support.
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Well at least I tried to point out a hardware-exclusive advantage
blissfulyoshi
I am pretty sure that you could probably enable this on any PC if you find/make the right software
rust45

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Well at least I tried to point out a hardware-exclusive advantage
Tablets
peppy
I don't see how this can make playing any easier.
NoHitter

peppy wrote:

I don't see how this can make playing any easier.
Jumps from one side of the screen to the other can be hit by simply moving your mouse a few inches instead of the entire screen.