forum

Option to disable custom skins/themes in maps [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Xact
I'd like to see an option that disables forced custom skins on certain maps that over ride my own custom skin (or even just default skin).

I could've sworn this option existed in the past but I can't seem to find it. I mean there's a setting to disable video, why not custom beat skins? I find them even more distracting sometimes than a video playing in the background.
Derekku
No.

Also, try searching as this gets requested at least once a month.
Zetta
Xact, you can however delete the skin from the osu folder if it's intrusive.

Just go into your osu folder, find the song, delete skin. Simple as that.

However I hear that deleting the skin will be disabled soon which is gonna suck when there's a map that uses sucky skins.
Topic Starter
Xact

Derekku wrote:

No.

Also, try searching as this gets requested at least once a month.
Yes.

Also, then why isn't it in the game?

I can see people wanting to dress up the beat map they spent hours working on, but to force people who play your map to have to play with some shotty skin unless they feel like digging in their files and manually deleting it defeats the purpose of even using my OWN custom skin. I'm sure it would be a pretty easy feature to add considering the other stuff OSU has going for it.
Randy96
It's easy to add, but it's just not going to happen.
adam2046

Xact wrote:

Because peppy says no.
Zetta

adam2046 wrote:

Xact wrote:

Because peppy says no.
Pretty much this. It's a shitty reason but if peppy says no, peppy says no. Pretty much it. =/

Maybe one day when we can't delete skins there will be stricter moderations on themes and such, we may even get a mod to force your own skin to every skin.
Derekku

Zetta wrote:

Maybe one day when we can't delete skins there will be stricter moderations on themes and such, we may even get a mod to force your own skin to every skin.
That doesn't make any sense.
Claudia_old

Derekku wrote:

Zetta wrote:

That doesn't make any sense.
How doesn't it? There are some god-awful custom skin elements that people have included in their beatmaps.

Although the main problem with this is in taiko, but there's apparently going to be an option to always force taiko skin elements over custom skin elements [please correct me if i'm wrong].
Derekku

E-Hooker wrote:

How doesn't it?
Because of stricter moderation on skins, we should be able to disable them? That's contradictory.

E-Hooker wrote:

Although the main problem with this is in taiko, but there's apparently going to be an option to always force taiko skin elements over custom skin elements [please correct me if i'm wrong].
You're correct (check the changelog).
Claudia_old

Derekku wrote:

E-Hooker wrote:

How doesn't it?
Because of stricter moderation on skins, we should be able to disable them? That's contradictory.

E-Hooker wrote:

You're correct (check the changelog).
Excellent. I won't have anybody problems as far as skins go then, only with horridly obnoxious SB's like this one.
Derekku

E-Hooker wrote:

Excellent. I won't have anybody problems as far as skins go then, only with horridly obnoxious SB's like this one.
Damn, girl!!
Claudia_old

Derekku wrote:

E-Hooker wrote:

Damn, girl!!
I know, i'm a sexy bitch. (H)
Zetta

E-Hooker wrote:

I actually enjoyed that storyboard. Seemed like a *puts on sunglasses

Sexy bitch....to me...

*YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I know my comment was contradictory but who knows, it'll either be stricter moderation on skins or wasteland of skins with a "NoSkin" mod on.