forum

Confusing PP system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tassivemitties
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm new here and things are still confusing for me .. its about the PP system.. I understand how weighted PP works.. for instance my top play is worth 38pp and hence I only got 22 pp when i ss'd a song worth 30pp (74% of my top pp)..

But here's the thing, I only got 9pp.. Its was 484pp before I played the beatmap and got only 9 instead of 22 as my total PP now stands at 493 !!!! Can someone explain me why this happened

Also, as player who's been playing for almost 35 days now, do u guys think I'm progressing too slow? should I try harder maps ? or only progress after i get good acc +FC on current maps?
Shohei Ohtani
uh everything else gets adjusted in the percentage thing.

So it'll move down one rank on your list, so the value of it might decrease.
Saphirshroom

tassivemitties wrote:

I understand how weighted PP works..
No you don't. Read the 4th sentence in the FAQ.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ#Why_did_I_only_gain_30pp_when_the_map_I_played_gives_100pp.3F

Also yes, you're doing fine. You're one of the very few new players who have actually realized that good accuracy is the way to go.

Other than that, play more.
dung eater
ur doing fine

find stuff that you are bad at, get better at them or learn some new stuff to suck at to git gud
Topic Starter
tassivemitties

Saphirshroom wrote:

tassivemitties wrote:

I understand how weighted PP works..
No you don't. Read the 4th sentence in the FAQ.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ#Why_did_I_only_gain_30pp_when_the_map_I_played_gives_100pp.3F

Also yes, you're doing fine. You're one of the very few new players who have actually realized that good accuracy is the way to go.

Other than that, play more.
Thanks buddy, you were right.. I didn't grasp the pp system fully.. I do now btw, which also solves my problem.. :)
Dextersydney
Hey, better accuracy then me.
Topic Starter
tassivemitties

Dextersydney wrote:

Hey, better accuracy then me.
lol, 3.8k pp , 2yr old player.. pls don't compare senpai ;_;
Vuelo Eluko
ill be your senpai 8-)
Topic Starter
tassivemitties

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

ill be your senpai 8-)
thank u :D

train me mastah
Vuelo Eluko
the key to my success was playing for 2 years then hitting a wall i never got past after 1.
Saphirshroom
Looks like I'm on the right track 8-)
Dextersydney

Saphirshroom wrote:

Looks like I'm on the right track 8-)
Yes you are 8-)