forum

Question Regarding Trail Leading

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faelin
Hello everyone! I have a question that I have been pondering for quite some time and couldn't quite find a definitive answer. I am fairly poor OSU player, when it comes to accuracy and jumps I usually end up missing the circle or going too fast, and this is on 4-4.5 star songs. Recently I started to focus on the trail leading to the next note instead of just staring at the screen and moving to where I see something new pop up, and I noticed I was doing a little better. However, I started to wonder if just focusing on the trail to hit notes a good thing, and if trail leading will help me improve. I asked the same question in a previous post and got one opinion, and though I do not disagree with it I would like more opinions on the matter. Thank you for your time(and possible replies) and have a great day!
dung eater
you can look at trail but you need to be aware of cursor/circle to aim properly

there's no trail when there's new combo
Vuelo Eluko
followpoints are useful for high ar like 10+
pretty useless around 8-9.6
then suddenly useful again for a very niche reason at ultra low AR
-Makishima S-
pretty useless around 8-9.6
I am bad, cannot play without them.
nrl
You shouldn't be looking directly at the followpoints. As a general rule, try to always be looking at the note you're moving towards.
Endie-
followpoints are a great help when playing with the mod hidden
ZenithPhantasm

Narrill wrote:

You shouldn't be looking directly at the followpoints. As a general rule, try to always be looking at the note you're moving towards.
Everyone has different animated followpoints so some might be easy to follow and others arent.
StephOsu
it's fine to utilize the followpoint if you can
just remember, the main focus is always the approach circle and the circle itself so don't focus too much on follow point or you will miss the timing and potentially get 100/50 or even miss
Topic Starter
Faelin
Alright I got the idea of it! Thanks everyone who gave their opinions!
weihe123
Follow lines are great and such (Trust me, I LOVE them), but are you also listening to the beat? You can't fully play a rhythm game without listening to the beat. It defeats the whole purpose XD
shortpotato

weihe123 wrote:

Follow lines are great and such (Trust me, I LOVE them), but are you also listening to the beat? You can't fully play a rhythm game without listening to the beat. It defeats the whole purpose XD

Xd
Topic Starter
Faelin
Yeah I listen to the beat :-), I guess I may have over exaggerated about how much I focus on the lines. I do not intensely focus on the lines to the point that they are the only things I can see, I just focus on the lines a lot more than the entire screen. I also am currently working on waiting for the notes in AR 9 instead of just hitting it as soon as I get to it. I am sorry that I may have caused some confusion :-(.