forum

DS Connectivity?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RoD131
So, I know this is probably complicated and un-usable, but it still seems possible with the right amount of dedication.

Instead of the obvious 'make it ds-able' request, I'm suggesting working on some editing to the Win2DS source and make it more usable to osu!.
Win2DS is too laggy for this, but think about this: on the touch screen there's a pre-made .gif or any-other-animation-file-you-can-think-about of the beatmap (that's how you call it?), so no lags (there are some problems with it, like not really knowing when you screw up, but that's the basic idea).
When you touch the screen, it'll send the information of the touching dot to the server program (upgraded version of the gamepad option on the DS2Win), and it will act as if played on the pc.
I mean, I'd give up on the sound coming from the ds itself (even though it's possible to make a dpg file [the video format for moonshell, if I recall correctly] with the beatmap and ost, but It'll probably lag too), as long as I can play custom songs on the touch screen.

Just my 2 cents.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
RoD131
But there's a picture on the ds? Cause it's useless for osu's buttons if you can't see exactly where you click.
jonathan_old
I'm with the request because my card isn't enough for Osu!
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.