forum

can osu's sensitivity "break" a tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AbsurdDive
hello there ^^
i recently got a wacom intuos draw small as an Xmas gift (my brother won it at his job)

once i got it running i tried playing osu with the smallest area possible..but it felt really slow compaired to my mouse...i raised the sensitivity in osu to 1.2x and it feels great..

the thing is that while discussing a tablet area topic on facebook, a high ranked player (and a very old one) from my country stated that changing the sensitivity in osu can "break" my tablet (and that it does nothing other than what i previously said)...

i googled about it but i only found a topic that's like 3 years old... maybe things have changed?

i'll be for ever gratefull if someone can answer me :lol:

good night everybody
o/

(written/sent from my cellphone... i got no internet on my pc atm) ;-;
trebby
On some older tablets, the cursor would flicker back and forth and show two cursors when the sensitivity was set to other than 1.0. If that's not a problem on your tablet, it should be fine.
leepdesu
for tablets, either use
portion on tablet settings
or
raw input + sensitivity

putting portion + any sensitivity other than 1.0x (without enabling raw input) would cause the cursor to flicker back and forth
Topic Starter
AbsurdDive
great :)
i'll stick to 1.2 with raw input (using the sensitivity at 1x with or without raw input feels really slow.. i switched to tablet because i have an injured wrost (the right one) from a bmx bail and i cannot play for more than an hour without having to take a break due to the pain (tried painkillers.. they don't help for an extended period of time)
using the tablet with my main hand is a lot more comfortable..plus my right hand seems to be pretty good at singletapping / streams hahaha

thanks for the quick reply guys ^^)/

/closed
bigfeh
The only reason you'd ever have a tablet is to use absolute raw input. Otherwise just get a mouse.

Using any positive multiplier at for cursor sens will generate pixel skipping, which is bad - and therefore, retarded. Besides, if you're using abs raw input it won't make any difference anyways. Just decrease the size of your active area or deal with it
Topic Starter
AbsurdDive

bigfeh wrote:

The only reason you'd ever have a tablet is to use absolute raw input. Otherwise just get a mouse.

Using any positive multiplier at for cursor sens will generate pixel skipping, which is bad - and therefore, retarded. Besides, if you're using abs raw input it won't make any difference anyways. Just decrease the size of your active area or deal with it
then i guess i'll have to deal with it haha (i'm using th smallest area possible and it feels slow.. i'll have to adjust my muscles to that... orz)

thanks for the feedback :)

this thread can be laid to rest.. i'm using the smallest area possible on the tablet
Feel free to delete/lock this thread :D