forum

About change CTB "hyper dash" Mathematical model [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ibuki Suika
emmmm......
I try to search for the thread about this regard. Results not found
Hope will not repeat the previous thread

My English from Googletranslate,so yery poor,Sorry :o

The idea is derived from this thread

As we know,When the two fruits very far away,
Will appear Red fruits,like this:

A→C,appear red fruits

But,keeping other variables unchanged,
Add a new note between the two note
red fruits has been disappeared:

like joynama say:
SPOILER
1.False. I think the answer was proved by steven’s snap(thx steven). And if u think the scenario is weird and cannot understand it, please see my explanation below.
A◎B______________C◎D______________E◎F
First we go review the defination of the limit jump. The limit jump means you should use one side edge to catch the first fruit and another side edge to catch the second. Then lets go to the scenario above. There are two limit jumps in the scenario, to catch the first two, u should be at B point and use the left edge to catch the first, and then hold the dash all the time, and u are just be able to reach C and catch the second one. But you should be at D when u catch the second one as the prerequisites to catch third one, so the third one must be missed if u catch the first two. This is the scenario in steven’s illustration and this made the answer to be false.

But is it really the case in the 3 note you can not catch?
this map has 4 player SS
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=29467&m=2

I think the conditions of red fruits appear must change

Choose either change "hyper dash" Mathematical model,to take into situation the "3note disappearance of the red fruit"
Or change "hyper dash" Mathematical model,to take into more precise delineation of the conditions appear red fruit.(if this map possibble

Of course, I hope the former,
If the latter, allow more players into "possible" or "impossible" problems

Louis Cyphre
Such jump is just hard and it's possible. I wanna see hyper jump function in that structure as it is.
So no, sorry =/
Derekku
Hyperdash was implemented to make impossible jumps possible. There really shouldn't be a need to change it again, make maps easier, and force another score reset on such maps.
blissfulyoshi
I am really struggling to understand this, by your example, I guess you are trying to say that the second example is impossible, right?

I am guessing that your reasoning is that it would have been only been possible if you catch the right fruit on the right most part of the tray and the left most part of the tray. Since you can't have the second fruit be caught on the left most part of the tray and still get to the third fruit, the formation is impossible?

Note: I don't play CTB, so I don't really have a good means to test this
Weez
Basically suck it up and get better ^_^
i heard it REALLY hard to fix hyperdash so why bother changing it
plus its possible, if 4 people did it then its possible
whymeman
Playability issues like this can be avoided with extended testing while creating new beatmaps. The hyper dash is caused by the "harsh jumps" that was set into the maps. Though it seems like a good idea, redoing this feature will also have some abuse as well (and maybe a repeat for another reconstruction request of the hyper dash feature). I don't support this idea of redoing the hyper dash overall though.
peppy
Assuming someone has an SS on said map, it can't be impossible can it?
Topic Starter
Ibuki Suika

peppy wrote:

Assuming someone has an SS on said map, it can't be impossible can it?
This is to discuss the possibility
like LC's map:
Lunatica - Words Unleashed [Armageddon]
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=64558&m=2
As of now still no one can FC it

As in the case the previous:

BUT went I del middle note,able to hyper dash

So in CTB,this map is impsooible or possibble?
In my opinion,This is"hyper dash" Mathematical model BUG.
when 2 fruit distance approximation a limit,Sometimes is possibble to fc,but there may be impossible
I am not against the this map,I was just discussing this situation exists.
Perhaps in the near future, there will be a map like I said

Of course, taking into account the score reset, so I feel my proposal is unrealistic

Or would like to thank ppy can attention to this thread
thank everyone :D
Shohei Ohtani
Auto, I think, goes at the rate that a human player can go (Except for spinners), so if auto can do it, then you could probably do it too >w<.
Louis Cyphre
Lunatica - Words Unleashed [Armageddon]
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=64558&m=2
As of now still no one can FC it
No one did FC. But it's possible. I can catch those moments and not only i.

Also
Such parts that were catched by some players.
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=47970&m=2
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=47686&m=2

Auto, I think, goes at the rate that a human player can go (Except for spinners), so if auto can do it, then you could probably do it too >w<.
NO
Topic Starter
Ibuki Suika
You are not human........X_X :o
mekadon_old
Most maps are possible to FC why do we need to change the hyper dash again?