forum

osu! WP relaunch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tyrim
Hi guys!

I started to use osu! wp version nearly 2,5 year from now, but it is a bit ugly, it has no connection with the original server, you can not achieve pp, can not participate in multiplayer matches, it is laggy, and unoptimized. We developing a GameEngine in our free time with my friends(c++/opengl)( we are full time programmers), and i'm wondering if we could get permission and support from the official osu! team to make a new, stable, fully compatible port to the platform.
it could be a good opportunity for us to test our engine, and for the community as well, to fully enjoy the game.

I planed to write this to some admin in pm, but i'm not sure about which admin, so this way it may reach the goal what I wanted to make.

with regards
Tyrim
Flanster
Honestly, instead of making another application with the same purpose, why not help the developer with the original project?
Topic Starter
tyrim
As far as i'm concerned, to optimize it, would've been more work. Programs can be robust and huge, and to understand and correct all those mistakes in the current game, could take more time, than rewriting it. We have 3 year work in our current version of the engine, it is optimized, and ready to go.
furthermore the original programmer of the osu!wp app isn't made any update since 1,5 year. the engine is old. and I have to add, that the whole WP! platform changing from wp 8.1 to wp 10, wich requires new approaches, and a rewrite anyway

edit: yes, the current version of the app would not work after the change to wp 10 in the futher 2 months, and already off zone in the newly released phones like lumia 950 and 550