UTC +8 :D
Failbug
Sign me up!
Utc +1
Nitrox1de
UTC+7 (western indo time)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
I have added a poll to this thread, and will be sending out private messages to all of the users that have joined later today. I encourage you to answer the poll honestly: this is your experience!
adrien062
Let's go to try, UTC+1, I'm available week end and thursday from 15:00 ( 3pm )
trexex55
UTC+8 I'M IN
adrien062FanBoy
why does this happen when I dont play anymore ;w;
I'm letting my spot to someone more active, this tournament seems really great though, I hope the staff won't have too many problems to deal with !
Good luck to all players and staff o/
LightDreamer
I Join Kaito-kun in his question about the map's difficulty. I'm far from being a pro player, not even a very good player..... This said, I have a visual handicap that makes some patterns hard to read. So if the maps are too hard for me, it wont be fair.

I don't see the point in letting non-top players participate if the top ones do participate. Non-top have basically no chance if the maps are top player grade.....
-Konner-

LightDreamer wrote:

I Join Kaito-kun in his question about the map's difficulty. I'm far from being a pro player, not even a very good player..... This said, I have a visual handicap that makes some patterns hard to read. So if the maps are too hard for me, it wont be fair.

I don't see the point in letting non-top players participate if the top ones do participate. Non-top have basically no chance if the maps are top player grade.....
This is what the qualifiers are for as well as seeding. Having some kind of rank based restriction doesn't work well in mania due to the many different key modes giving points. If you take the time to participate in the qualifiers and don't pass through or don't pass the maps themselves. Nobody is going to say anything about it. The only thing that will be wasted is your own time and that is only if you think about it in that away. It could be a good learning experience.

I do not speak for Halogen-, so if i am wrong on something feel free to call me out.
Daikyi
Also, it's superb that Halogen- is guaranteeing /everyone/ stream time. That's incredibly rare, especially with tournaments of this size.
Gazelle
so in :^) UTC-5
Topic Starter
Halogen-

Kaito-kun wrote:

Just some things I wanna clear before entering:

1. On the "Warm-up Songs" part, shouldn't the last sentence be "Warm-up songs will be on free mods, allowing for any special modifications that you see fit for the purpose of warming up properly.". Also, regarding that, maybe you should add something about DT, just in case (in the sense that someone may choose an easy map, but add DT as a mod. So the question is: is that allowed?)

2. About how hard will the maps be specifically? I only know that on Qualifiers, there will be 4 songs, one harder than the other. But there isn't anything that tells me if I'm good to go for the challenge (Might not be up against my competition, but I want to at least know if I'm able to pass set songs). So a little something like saying "Maps will be extremely hard, only considerable good 4k players can take on the challenge" or something like that may do the trick (but also, specifying a bit more won't hurt either).

Anyways, these are my only concerns with this. I'm in either way lol. UTC is -4, and as long as matches start AFTER 14:00UTC, I'm fine with it
With respect to point 1: free mod/free mods, yeah - same thing. As far as DT: yes, a player is allowed to pick a map and set it on DT as a warmup. This is forbidden for regular song choices.

With respect to point 2: I will not be giving out difficulty estimates. Do your best to maximize your level of play so that you can withstand the maps as they come, and at least trust in the fact that I am not going to massacre players in a bracket of this size. I know what I am doing, I promise -- you will not be playing ridiculous maps in the round of 128. The qualifiers will have a vast range in difficulty, but that is to ensure reasonable seeding.

LightDreamer wrote:

I will tell you to reference above. There's nothing unfair about it -- I don't know what your visual handicap is, but I dunno how anything would be unfair, personally.

As far as your second point: you are way too fixated on performance, and not on the experience. Plenty of players are entering this tournament with a full understanding that they might not make it very far; they're joining because it's a large tournament, with a wide range of skill, a large number of players, representing a myriad of areas. You might not see the point, but I am hosting this tournament for everyone to have a good time. I am going to take the time to stream every single match in this tournament (barring something unforseen), and everyone will get to see themselves after everything is said and done. You'll have something that you can share to others.

EDIT: 97 users entered. I will be populating this list of users in a private message asking them to vote on the poll.
JOEMOMO
I noticed that you hadn't included the timing info for myself on the list:
UTC +0, Can do Mon-Fri post 6pm because of school and weekends
LightDreamer
Sorry for my weird concern..... I guess you're right.

Anyway, I was wondering if skins will be visible in stream. I know it might be a bit weird to watch numerous different skins, but that wuld look cool.
-Konner-

LightDreamer wrote:

Anyway, I was wondering if skins will be visible in stream. I know it might be a bit weird to watch numerous different skins, but that wuld look cool.
The tournament client uses the default skin for every player shown.
Kaito-kun

Halogen- wrote:

Kaito-kun wrote:

Just some things I wanna clear before entering:

1. On the "Warm-up Songs" part, shouldn't the last sentence be "Warm-up songs will be on free mods, allowing for any special modifications that you see fit for the purpose of warming up properly.". Also, regarding that, maybe you should add something about DT, just in case (in the sense that someone may choose an easy map, but add DT as a mod. So the question is: is that allowed?)

2. About how hard will the maps be specifically? I only know that on Qualifiers, there will be 4 songs, one harder than the other. But there isn't anything that tells me if I'm good to go for the challenge (Might not be up against my competition, but I want to at least know if I'm able to pass set songs). So a little something like saying "Maps will be extremely hard, only considerable good 4k players can take on the challenge" or something like that may do the trick (but also, specifying a bit more won't hurt either).

Anyways, these are my only concerns with this. I'm in either way lol. UTC is -4, and as long as matches start AFTER 14:00UTC, I'm fine with it
With respect to point 1: free mod/free mods, yeah - same thing. As far as DT: yes, a player is allowed to pick a map and set it on DT as a warmup. This is forbidden for regular song choices.

With respect to point 2: I will not be giving out difficulty estimates. Do your best to maximize your level of play so that you can withstand the maps as they come, and at least trust in the fact that I am not going to massacre players in a bracket of this size. I know what I am doing, I promise -- you will not be playing ridiculous maps in the round of 128. The qualifiers will have a vast range in difficulty, but that is to ensure reasonable seeding.
Well, I asked that since I wouldn't want to simply fail all of the songs in the qualifiers lol, since that would be a true waste of time imo (I don't mind getting crushed, as long as I know I did my best tho). Thx for the reply btw.
Baal-
I want to join :D (UTC -3:00)
Topic Starter
Halogen-

-Konner- wrote:

LightDreamer wrote:

I've actually circumvented this in testing and do not plan on using the regular skin -- I'm going to be using the O2Jam Ultimate skin.
Yellyfish
Sign me up ! (UTC+8)

Ikaros- told me to mention his name here so he gets a free cookie.

Jellyfish out
[ SaintEyes ]
I want to enter (UTC +9)
Jepetski
I WANT TO ENTER THX YES UTCidk i'm in the same time zone as the other finns, i do have school during the week but weekends i'm free and possibly friday evenings as well
Navigation_old_1
well, i support, then :>
Christ31
i would like to join :) ( UTC+7 )
JTZY0428
I wanna join ^^
UTC/GMT +8 hours

godofrhythm_12
godofrhythm_12 (UTC+8)
HaiHai
Utc +01:00 Lets do this :D
SaladMan20
UTC+10 it may be interesting for my first tournament...
Garrus Brouker
(UTC-3) sound interesting....Im in
Kiselos10
I want to go in UTC+1 8-)
xDefanZx
sounds good, im in, xDefanZx (UTC -7) :D
kaname-san92
sign me up bro (UTC +8)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Based on the results of the poll, I have lifted the registration cap. All players who enter will be eligible to participate in the qualification stage - however, 128 players will be the maximum number of players advancing to the bracket. Reaching 256 players will cause the field to be cut in half; reaching 257 players will cause 129 players to get eliminated, etc.
Infeh

Halogen- wrote:

Based on the results of the poll, I have lifted the registration cap. All players who enter will be eligible to participate in the qualification stage - however, 128 players will the maximum number of players advancing to the bracket. Reaching 256 players will cause the field to be cut in half; reaching 257 players will cause 129 players to get eliminated, etc.
HYPE \o/
Topic Starter
Halogen-
On that note, I will update the registration list later today.
GhostTortilla
Might as well try it out UTC +1
kei101895
cool! i'll try :D UTC +8
kei101895
usually available whole day on weekends :D i like to prioritize gaming
-Konner-

Halogen- wrote:

-Konner- wrote:

I've actually circumvented this in testing and do not plan on using the regular skin -- I'm going to be using the O2Jam Ultimate skin.
Well consider me rekt
Prim
Posting again because I never posted my availabilities
Times are in UTC -7
MWF - After 4PM
TH - Before Noon
and usually anytime during the weekends
Elekton
sign me up mate UTC+3
show more