forum

"Concentrating" on circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mirai Kuriyama
How? I've been striving to get this concept for a while now and I just don't get how I can improve my aim at this point. I literally have hit this big stand still and I can't get past it. I'm even degrading to a point where no amount effort has been able to improve what I do. Does anyone have any tips for this? and no I can't take a break I tried that and it does nothing but make my speed degrade even more. Am I just fucked to stay at this level?
Flower Shop
It might be that you're too focused on improving your aim, so it ends up being something like you're trying too hard and choking yourself basically? I'd say just try to relax and play for fun
dung eater
be aware of where your cursor is when you hit/miss those circles

go for less random and more controlled aim
KanoSet
don't think about it. just move your cursor, believe
trebby
Don't worry about it. Hitting a wall only means that you have something to overcome, so try playing differently. Maybe you'll have more fun playing with different mods or trying to pass difficult maps instead of worrying about progression.

If it's aim you're trying to improve, I suggest playing jump practice maps with relax mod on. You can get a feel for the positions on your mouse and mouse pad by strengthening muscle memory this way.
uberpancake

CuboidBeats wrote:

Don't worry about it. Hitting a wall only means that you have something to overcome, so try playing differently. Maybe you'll have more fun playing with different mods or trying to pass difficult maps instead of worrying about progression.

If it's aim you're trying to improve, I suggest playing jump practice maps with relax mod on. You can get a feel for the positions on your mouse and mouse pad by strengthening muscle memory this way.
Imo, stay the fuck away from relax as it rewards you when you normally would've missed.
Doomsdaddy
Have faith in yourself. Feel the cursor and the flow. As time moves on, you'll even be able to play Airman...
...with your eyes closed.

Believe in your feelings and let your hand guide itself, without the brain interfering with "wait a sec".
trebby

uberpancake wrote:

Imo, stay the fuck away from relax as it rewards you when you normally would've missed.
True, although sometimes it's good to train your aim without tapping or accuracy to hold you back. That's the whole point of relax.
silento
To the people suggesting Relax, Relax does nothing but fuck your coordination. It's fun to do on songs that are way out of your league, but it won't help you improve as your tapping, aim and accuracy will not be coordinated. I speak from experience.

As for concentrating on the circles, look right at them (and only at them) until you hit the note. Use your peripheral vision to find the next (follow points help, but that's case by case), then rinse and repeat.
I Give Up
There is no single best way to read/aim. Don't think. Move cursor. Believe.

Relax mod is good! You're supposed to train hand independence with this mod so you tense mouse hand without tensing tap hand. It also has perfect accuracy so it help you get used to hit sound.
KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

Relax mod is good!
deletemyaccount

KukiMonster wrote:

There is no single best way to read/aim. Don't think. Move cursor. Believe.

Relax mod is good! You're supposed to train hand independence with this mod so you tense mouse hand without tensing tap hand. It also has perfect accuracy so it help you get used to hit sound.
which one