forum

[mania] Different method for Freeze Notes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
31Gabe
I'm okay with the current Freeze Note system, but what bothers me recently is that a key has to be released the same time the Freeze Note ends for better results, and the judgment (Rainbow 300, 300, 200, 100 or 50) only appears at the end of a freeze note. Could you please change it so Freeze Notes are only judged at the beginning tap so keys can continue to be held down at the end of each Freeze Note without regulation? Also, the Circles and X's don't appear often, so maybe a Circle would signify a successful freeze note and an X would represent a released freeze note if this system of Freeze Notes changed.

Also, what made me want to post this is because I've been struggling to do a 300s-only run because of the annoying Freeze Note system currently, since I can get 300s more often on regular notes, but get 300s less often on Freeze Notes.
Blaizer
This has been requested and rejected multiple times. I suggest not playing autoconverts, and instead play maps specifically created for osu!mania, because they utilise long notes in a much better way.
mijkolsmith
Even with years of training you might still have problems with long notes, Gabe.
Just see it as a mental challenge!
Topic Starter
31Gabe

mijkolsmith wrote:

Even with years of training you might still have problems with long notes, Gabe.
Just see it as a mental challenge!
I know it's unlikely, but maybe if osu! had an "osu!freaks" mode, it'll just be mania mode with a twist, so hitting notes would all be different from the usual. osu! original doesn't have regulation in releasing slide markers at the end, but what matters is keeping the cursor on the ball.

You can deny this request for now, until you guys can think if adding an additional game mode. Let osu!mania be its own mode, and not have any changes to gameplay. If I'm used to releasing notes at end of freezes (like what o!m has currently, and with what the Love Live! mobile game does), then I play o!m. If I do not care about releasing buttons at end of freezes, then I play osu! original.