forum

Aim(mouse) and streaming problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PeacefulJungle
Hey guys!

For the last couple months I've been struggling with aim and streaming.

Aim:
My aim was ok until now but suddenly it is really bad. I can't hit a lot of notes and I keep re-positioning my mouse all of the time.
Aiming has become really uncomfortable for me. Before this problem began I changed my mouse to a Roccat Savu in order to have
a higher DPI(800 DPI) than my previous one(which was 400 DPI) because it caused RSI in my right hand. I feel like the sensitivity might be
too high for me, but I don't want to lower it too much because it will hurt my hand again. It might also be my grip(fingergrip) but I don't what's the problem.

Streaming:
Again my streaming was quite alright before, but recently even when I stream low bpm, I just feel discomfort in my hand and my fingers just lock.
I can't stream even 190 bpm without my fingers locking after 5-7 notes, and it's really uncomfortable.

If you have and advice or insights about the cause of these problems it would be great!

Thanks in advance :)
Nabel_old_1
The aim problem is probaly because you doubled your dpi, just keep playing with it and you should be able to regain ur aim. About repositioning your mouse, I think most mouse players have to deal with mousedrift(I often need to reposition my mouse during spinners and breaks :/).

Dunno about the streaming, but my streaming skill also depends from day to day, some days I can stream 200 bpm without a problem and other days i'll understream 180 bpm after 30 notes.
Topic Starter
PeacefulJungle

xinfuzionx wrote:

The aim problem is probaly because you doubled your dpi, just keep playing with it and you should be able to regain ur aim.
The thing is that I've been playing with this DPI for about 3-4 months, and it's not getting better...
Nabel_old_1

PeacefulJungle wrote:

xinfuzionx wrote:

The aim problem is probaly because you doubled your dpi, just keep playing with it and you should be able to regain ur aim.
The thing is that I've been playing with this DPI for about 3-4 months, and it's not getting better...
hmm no idea then, if I change my DPI it only takes me a few days to regain my skill :/
dung eater
you could use a lower dpi or concentrate on hitting circles with your current one

a low/high sens won't cause rsi, it's how you grip/move the mouse around
I Give Up
Learning new dpi is not bad thing. Once you are used to new dpi you can change between them with little practise. Fingerlock probably coz you are tensing.
Deva

PeacefulJungle wrote:

I keep re-positioning my mouse all of the time.
Found your problem.
dung eater

HK_ wrote:

PeacefulJungle wrote:

I keep re-positioning my mouse all of the time.
Found your problem.
It is a symptom.
N0thingSpecial
Aim: Try some small cs jump maps
Stream: do maps with lots of tripples then progress to stream maps
ZenithPhantasm
Its called mouse drift. Find a mouse that fits your hand well or buy a tablet.
Endie-
Here are some things I came up with
Aim:
Sounds like your mouse is giving you a hard time. I would try another mouse with another shape. You could borrow from some friends if you don't bother buying a brand new one.
Find your prefered sensitivity which should be around 400-1300dpi depending on screen and osu! resolution ofcourse. You could also try another mouse pad. If you feel discomfort in your wrist I would try using a sweatband or a towel to raise your wrist. I never play without it.

Streaming:
Find out why your fingers lock up and if it is at a certain bpm. You could try different things like tapping with different strengths or positioning your hand differently. You could also try another keyboard if you have one lying around. You should start slow when learning how to stream (around 140bpm) and move upwards. Push yourself and your fingers. Take breaks. Enjoy the game.

I could have seen you play ingame too and try to help, but my PC is not working at the moment. Just add me and PM me when you see me online if you are interested.
Best of luck~
Charkeyz
you can try learning to have little to no wrist movement when you move mouse; mainly arm movement. i was trying to identify the problem with my aim/mouse drift and i found out that this was a huge factor.
ZenithPhantasm

Endie- wrote:

If you feel discomfort in your wrist I would try using a sweatband or a towel to raise your wrist. I never play without it.
Doesn't that cause more compression of the nerve?
Topic Starter
PeacefulJungle

Charkeyz wrote:

you can try learning to have little to no wrist movement when you move mouse; mainly arm movement. i was trying to identify the problem with my aim/mouse drift and i found out that this was a huge factor.
I find this quite helpful actually. I discovered it as well since I posted this thread and it had been a great help.

Endie- wrote:

Here are some things I came up with
Aim:
Sounds like your mouse is giving you a hard time. I would try another mouse with another shape. You could borrow from some friends if you don't bother buying a brand new one.
Find your prefered sensitivity which should be around 400-1300dpi depending on screen and osu! resolution ofcourse. You could also try another mouse pad. If you feel discomfort in your wrist I would try using a sweatband or a towel to raise your wrist. I never play without it.

Streaming:
Find out why your fingers lock up and if it is at a certain bpm. You could try different things like tapping with different strengths or positioning your hand differently. You could also try another keyboard if you have one lying around. You should start slow when learning how to stream (around 140bpm) and move upwards. Push yourself and your fingers. Take breaks. Enjoy the game.

I could have seen you play ingame too and try to help, but my PC is not working at the moment. Just add me and PM me when you see me online if you are interested.
Best of luck~
Yeah, I guess it could be the shape of the mouse etc/ I will definitely check that out.
I have a few insights about streaming, but it still bugs me quite a lot, I should find the main cause for it.
Oh and thanks for the suggestion Endie- I really appreciate it and I will contact you when you can!

Thank you for helping everyone! :)
Risa
I used to have the same issues with streaming.
It got fixed after playing a lot of low bpm ( under 150 ) stream maps with the main focus to acc, not combo.