forum

Stereotypical post about being bad :/

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bakadere
Hey guys, sorry for doing this. I need help. I've watched a million videos and looked through every thread on here to no avail. I'm a fairly new played that's been playing for 29 days and currently rank 300000ish worldwide. May seem like a short time to get this "good", and I suppose it is. Unfortunately I've hit a concrete wall that seems to be my end. I can do most hard/light insane maps and some insane maps. However, I'm completely incapable of FCing anything harder than Normal/advanced. I use a tablet and keyboard, can do jumps, streams, you name it but one way or another I'll choke at some point. I've become extremely frustrated with not being able to improve as nothing I do seems to boost my rank. Any tips of any kind are welcome. Thanks guys and girls, love you all.
fieryrage
literally everyone hits a wall if not multiple during their playtime through this game
I don't see why everyone views not progressing as a bad thing, just play what you're used to playing and eventually you'll get better and progress through naturally, don't force it lol
Topic Starter
bakadere
Yeah, true. Guess I'm trying to rush to be Cookiezi a bit too quick haha.
silento
Don't force it, you are progressing just fine. Just play more and play everything because you're still very inexperienced when it comes to this game. Only time and playing more will fix it.
trebby
It hasn't even been a month for you. Your progression's fine, so all you need to do is keep at it. And I wouldn't really call your graph stuck.
vsprite
Lol

Take a day break or more and come back, you'll play better I guarantee it.

Everyone hits walls, its the way people act to get around them which increases progress.
Topic Starter
bakadere
Thanks guys, I am rushing it. I see that now. I'm trying to just chill out, relax my hand when I play and play for fun and I'm already down to rank 297k!
I Give Up
Stereotypical post about play more.
Endie-
chillax bruh. U got this
Infevo
Take a 1-2 month break from osu!. You really played a lot this whole month and should be worried to get bad habbits if you keep up this strong progression. Also keep an eye on your physical health so that you don't overexert your hands. Some people lost their indexfinger after just a few weeks due to RSI only because they kept trying to hard.

So take it easy. Stay away from osu! for some time. 1 or 2 months. Maybe longer. And everything will be fine. Trust!
Insyni
Don't worry unless you have a long straight progress line going in the wrong direction. (aka 3+ months of negative progress)
Shrik
You should experiment with different types of pen grips and tapping styles. Pen grip is insanely important and try to find the most comfortable one. You should spend 5 mins on each grip you try as well. A good place to find them is just from the best players in the game as their pen grips are usually the weirdest looking ones.