forum

Focusing on the melody or the voice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
8olimpia8
I think I've posted this post in general "Works In Progress/Help" place, so I think I'll just copy it here, sorry :?

Hello,
I've been lately figuring out beatmapping (well, kind of) and I'm slightly confused about whether to focus on the music or on the voice (of the singer!). I thought that focusing on the voice will be okay, however, when I've tested my (unfinished) map, it is really confusing (you can't really read it while you play it), as it does not follow the melody fully. :cry: :shock:
Also, the song I've been trying to beatmap has literally the same (few seconds) melody looped thoughout the whole song, so I don't know if it's even a good idea to beatmap it all (maybe that's why it's not beatmapped at all, haha!)
The song I'm working on is The Time Is Now by John Cena :arrow: ( https://youtu.be/EuJbsF0yLfw?t=22 ) [I'm doing the full song, which is a minute longer than this]
As I've already said, my beatmap is truly unfinished, so I'm not going to post it up here, as I really am not sure if I should continue doing it like I am now or switch (erase) it to follow the beat (of the melody) only.
Thanks. :D
AndreasHD
In this case, you want to map after the vocal mostly, but you can always do a mix of mapping after the voice and the beat. It's really up to you actually.
Topic Starter
8olimpia8
Okay, thanks for your reply ' :)