forum

Enough to run osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iSwitch
Does this may run osu! Smoothly? (http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00196352.html)
Dezept
Depends on.
I don't think it could run std smoothly, however, it should run CtB, Taiko and Mania smoothly
XPJ38
Je vois deux problèmes avec ce PC :
  1. Il a un chipset Intel HD Graphics et non une vraie carte graphique : c'est pas sûr qu'osu! tournera bien avec. Dans le doute et si tu peux te le permettre, privilégie un PC avec une carte graphique Nvidia ou ATI, tu auras l'assurance que ça marchera bien.
  2. Il a 32 Go de mémoire seulement (dont une partie sera occupée par Windows, n'oublions pas) : en soi, ça ne pose pas trop de problème (osu! est léger en ressources) mais le jour où tu auras téléchargé tellement de beatmaps et de skins que ton disque sera rempli, il faudra déporter osu! sur une clé USB ou un disque externe.

English: the Intel HD chipset may not run osu! smoothly and 32 GB of memory is a bit low.
A Medic
Would you mind putting the specs, the page could not be translated.
Vuelo Eluko
I know he may not understand this completely, if someone cares enough or if OP cares enough he can run it through a translator. Just spreading some useful information.

Atom is garbage, it's almost hard to believe a company like intel would pump out such sub par processors. That said my old 8 year old core 2 duo chip benched 60% higher than that things 2014 chip. you might will almost definitely experience stutter or delay that makes osu! unplayable if you buy that.. I understand the logic fault in comparing desktop hardware to laptops but it's such a huge generational AND performance gap, and it puts things into perspective further down..

I'd really recommend looking to get a laptop that sports an i3. Sure it only has 2 physical cores but it also has hyperthreading which simulates 4 cores for multiple applications, and is functionally the same. The ONLY advantage the atom has is that it features 4 physical cores on the die, but its performance is so awful it's not worth it. There's simply no reason to settle for Atom when i3 laptops are just as affordable and actually deliver the performance/price ratio you would expect from the intel name.

Did a quick search and found this, this is just a quick recommendation, if you're really interested im sure you could find a better deal, although being able to snag a $600 laptop for $290, assuming discounts aren't on a by-region basis, is tempting.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... oCatvw_wcB

Aside from having a 500 gb hard disk which is by and large more useful to a general consumer than a damn 32 gb SSD lol, this thing has a much more impressive chip than the one you're looking at, that is actually 10% faster than my previously mentioned core 2 duo, and should be in just about the same price range as the pc you linked, i dont know how euros convert to dollars exactly.

If the prices do match up, you're looking at something like 70% more processor performance for the same price, this just emphasizes how awful Atom processors are and i don't know why they exist.

What I can't tell you is how well Intel HD Graphics performs with osu! I looked up benchmarks for the Intel HD 4400 which is what the laptop I linked has, however I feel these values are not very useful in determining how well it will handle an application like osu! because there's a lot more at play and GPU benchmarks are far less cut and dry when looking at real world performance than the raw Floating Point/Integer core speed benchmarks that CPU's are measured with are.

Instead, I offer this link, it's the best I can do. Decide for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... d+4400+osu

Honestly the one you linked seems to be riding entirely on marketing gimmicks like FOUR CORES!! and SSD!!, but offers so little in reality.

cheers, happy laptop buying.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
same chip and hdd space as the one i linked but a fair bit cheaper, probably a better option except that the battery life seems quite poor.
R e n g e
Certainly on this computer Will it be possible to play osu!
However, I'm not sure whether it will be smooth gameplay >:
IppE

A Medic wrote:

What matters: Atom Z3735F with a gpu part of 4 EUs.

You can launch osu!, but playing it will not be pleasant.
A Medic

IppE wrote:

A Medic wrote:

What matters: Atom Z3735F with a gpu part of 4 EUs.

You can launch osu!, but playing it will not be pleasant.
Thanks.

The Atom Z37xxx is what's used in like android tablets.

If your buying a laptop with this, save your money and get something a tad stronger.
Deterioration
Turn down sensitivity to 1366x#### and you'll get 250fps