posted
Total Posts
show more
DeadAlready
yk~ :P
Tatsuo
Hai, here's your mod~

[Overall]
That's alot of custom hitsounds you have there sir.
I love your SB.
It seems that most of the maps I mod only have two difficulties =(
You people are getting lazy =P

[Sora]
02:00:090 - Ugh, I'm reluctant to say this because it fits in so well with the song, but you should cut this 1/2 BPM out. Because it's an easy difficulty.
Simply wonderful difficulty!

[Mori]
Amazing.

You sir, have mapped a great map.
Star and more.
Topic Starter
Sure

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

[Sora]
02:00:090 - Ugh, I'm reluctant to say this because it fits in so well with the song, but you should cut this 1/2 BPM out. Because it's an easy difficulty. // Fixed it to 0.75x BPM. >_<
Thank you so much, Tatsuo :)
And thanks for stars. Patchouli, Holoaz and quintchan! :D
Gonzvlo
General:
  1. What a perfect and wonderful map.
  2. Max Size for SB files is 800x600, you need to resize: "Forest_BG2" and "Forest_BG3"
Sora & Mori:
  1. I tried to mod them, but those are perfect imo.
Great Job, Star!
Topic Starter
Sure

Gonzvlo wrote:

General:
  1. Max Size for SB files is 800x600, you need to resize: "Forest_BG2" and "Forest_BG3"
    // I didn't know that because I'm noob SB maker. >_< Thanks for let me know, I changed it.
Thank you! :)
Derekku
Beautiful <3 (this brought a tear to my eye)

Two offsets should be enough, and they are: 2,980 and 25,822.

While I'm here, I might as well mention a couple of suggestions. 1) The winter background was a bit darker than I expected. I think that brightening it up a tiny bit will look better. 2) Each kiai section is about a minute long, so I really suggest adding a second fountain to the middle of each section (where you have the bookmarks). I know that you didn't want to do this in past maps, but this is a different situation. It's a four-minute map, and with two long kiai sections.... yeah. ;)

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Sure

Derekku wrote:

Two offsets should be enough, and they are: 2,980 and 25,822. // fixed. And I added 3rd offset. I feel very wrong at after second half of the song.

1) The winter background was a bit darker than I expected. I think that brightening it up a tiny bit will look better.
// Actually, BG isn't based on season. It is night. >_< so I won't change it brighter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiK8zxxnsT0
here is related background video. But I gave up this for SB.

2) Each kiai section is about a minute long, so I really suggest adding a second fountain to the middle of each section (where you have the bookmarks). I know that you didn't want to do this in past maps, but this is a different situation. It's a four-minute map, and with two long kiai sections.... yeah. ;) // alright, fixed!
Thanks a lot, Derekku! :)
Lybydose
ploy asked me to check the timing on this.

Here's what I got:

Derekku wrote:

and they are: 2,980 and 25,822.
These two are good.

There's a small change at 01:45:814 (3). Put a red section here at 105,815 offset.

That last section is definitely needed, but it's a bit late for me right now. It needs -7ms. Set it to 134,378.
Topic Starter
Sure

Lybydose wrote:

ploy asked me to check the timing on this.

Here's what I got:

Derekku wrote:

and they are: 2,980 and 25,822.
These two are good.

There's a small change at 01:45:814 (3). Put a red section here at 105,815 offset. // something wrong. why this note applied -7ms?

That last section is definitely needed, but it's a bit late for me right now. It needs -7ms. Set it to 134,378. // fixed to 134,380 (-5ms)
Thank you :D
Derekku

ykcarrot wrote:

Derekku wrote:

1) The winter background was a bit darker than I expected. I think that brightening it up a tiny bit will look better.
[color=#0040FF]// Actually, BG isn't based on season. It is night. >_< so I won't change it brighter.)
What seriously? oxo *checks video*

ohhhh xP Well, the changing leaves definitely made me think more about seasons, but I see what you're doing now. :P
wmfchris
[hard]
3:12:594 (6) left+down 1 grid so that (3,4,5,6) forms a parallelogram?

here's my only suggestion. Spacing looks all fine.

double star~
Topic Starter
Sure

wmfchris wrote:

[hard]
3:12:594 (6) left+down 1 grid so that (3,4,5,6) forms a parallelogram? // I got it.

here's my only suggestion. Spacing looks all fine.

double star~
Thank you very much! :)
MOM
star~ :)
Tanmak
:lol:
MoonFragrance
Nice map :)

Go, go carrot XD
Topic Starter
Sure
유카링님, 탄막님, 문님 별사탕 고마워요~ :)
orioncomet
Do you forgot 3rd offset [105,815]? add it and don't forgot to resnap all notes

EDIT: Talked with mapper and It's your call
Derekku

ykcarrot wrote:

I added 3rd offset. I feel very wrong at after second half of the song.

Lybydose wrote:

Put a red section here at 105,815 offset.
I disagree with both of these. I tested a few more times, and feel that just two offsets work best, although I tweaked my originals by a few ms each. 2,990 and 25,818 should work nicely, and I didn't get more than 5ms early or late while testing. Remember to resnap on both diffs and adjust your inherited sections if need be.
arien666
적절하지 않은 타이밍때 별 투척 ㅁㄴㅇㄹ<
Topic Starter
Sure
Please give me the time for check this again.
We need middle ground. >_<
minyeob
/me eats carrot

다시 이 맵을 보는 날엔 랭크가 되있으려나 ㅎ
Lybydose

Derekku wrote:

ykcarrot wrote:

I added 3rd offset. I feel very wrong at after second half of the song.

Lybydose wrote:

Put a red section here at 105,815 offset.
I disagree with both of these. I tested a few more times, and feel that just two offsets work best, although I tweaked my originals by a few ms each. 2,990 and 25,818 should work nicely, and I didn't get more than 5ms early or late while testing. Remember to resnap on both diffs and adjust your inherited sections if need be.
Basing timing entirely off the "Mistimed Hits" in test mode isn't the most accurate way to fix timing. It fluctuates too much from human error and personal whims: if I'm utterly convinced that -10ms is correct, I subconsciously play 10ms earlier and validate my claim by looking at the mistimed hits. I can then play again and, without even changing the offset, hit the same thing 10ms late. In both situations I've fooled myself into thinking I'm hitting the notes with 100% accuracy. I could play for hours and get different results each time.

I time things by ear listening to the metronome at 25% speed. It's much more accurate because I get the same results every time I do it. However, even that is subject to human error at times.

In this case, an even better way to do it would be to use a program like FL Studio to analyze the waveform of the mp3 itself, because they I definitely get the exact same results every time.

First though, I need to use osu! itself to find the timing of one note so that it's possible to properly sync up one note between osu! and the external program. Everything else follows from that guide note (in other words, if my guide note is 5ms off, everything else I find will be the same 5ms off, etc). The timing section at 25,818 sounds pretty good to me, so I'll use that. Since this "guide note" is based off Derekku's timing anyway, this means that everything else I find in the song will ultimately be based off his timing.

I then further confirmed those results by re-timing by ear in the editor and seeing if they matched up.

Timing Results:

Unfortunately, there are no drums at the very beginning, so I can't really get much out of that. I think the 2,980 it's set to right now is early though. It should probably be around 2,990-2,995

2nd offset: 25,818
3rd offset: 74,380
4th offset: 194,374

All 84.000 BPM
DJPop
Timing check by requested.

Here's what I got. Use 3 red timing sections. All of them are 84bpm.

Offset: 2,980
Offset: 25,822
Offset: 74,383
Topic Starter
Sure
I'm waiting one more opinion.
Alace
First offset:2991
second offset:28817
thied offset:74382
I think 3 offsets are enough

vocal is a bit off, blame the singer

All good
Topic Starter
Sure
Thanks a lot Derekku, Lybydose, DJPop and Alace. :)
I fixed offsets like this.

1st : 2988
2nd : 25818
3rd : 74382

Resnapped all green lines.
Alright then, time to bubble? XD
Derekku
[General]
*How about adding "please" to tags since the English name of the anime is "Please Teacher"?
*The third uninherited section is only 7ms earlier from the second. That's really not enough of a difference to warrant a new section. I tested a couple more times, and was between 5-10ms late in the latter part of the song, so... yeah... I still think you should just remove it.

[Sky]
01:14:382 (3) - (nazi) New measure and kiai, so I expected this to be a new combo. You might need to play with colorhax if you change this though, but it's not a big deal so I wont' mind if you keep it the same.
01:37:239 (3) - ^
*Youll notice that the combos are how I would expect them in the second chorus. o.o

[Forest]
01:14:382 (3) - Same new combo suggestion

Lovely~ I usually don't like two-difficulty mapsets, but your difficulties fit nicely with the song. Lemmie know about making changes and then I'll gladly bubble.
Topic Starter
Sure

Derekku wrote:

[General]
*How about adding "please" to tags since the English name of the anime is "Please Teacher"? // Alright, added!
*The third uninherited section is only 7ms earlier from the second. That's really not enough of a difference to warrant a new section. I tested a couple more times, and was between 5-10ms late in the latter part of the song, so... yeah... I still think you should just remove it.
// I agreed to the views of the majority. Lybydose, DJPop and Alace want 3rd offset. And I think 3rd offset is necessary, too. (But Lybydose's 4th offset was ignored.)

[Sky]
01:14:382 (3) - (nazi) New measure and kiai, so I expected this to be a new combo. You might need to play with colorhax if you change this though, but it's not a big deal so I wont' mind if you keep it the same.
*Youll notice that the combos are how I would expect them in the second chorus. o.o
// Ahh.. this one. I conformed to lyrics at first part, but I conformed to instument at second part. That is why I setted new combo like this. Sorry I leave it as it is.

[Forest]
01:14:382 (3) - Same new combo suggestion

Lovely~ I usually don't like two-difficulty mapsets, but your difficulties fit nicely with the song. Lemmie know about making changes and then I'll gladly bubble.
I'm sorry about 3rd offset issue, but it's fine IMO. :?
Derekku
Well... it's less than 10ms... and won't make the biggest difference in the world...

hnngrrr here you go~
Topic Starter
Sure
Thank you, Derekku :)
Cyril Scarlet
(^´л`)
Topic Starter
Sure

S i R i R u wrote:

(^´л`)
Thanks for star, riru!
Alace